Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2024

Finished at last--the studio

Well, almost!

Here's what it looked like before I began.  I was not kidding when I said it had been the dumping ground while I was working outside!


From the design wall towards the door.


The other side of the studio from the design wall.


The view from the door towards the design wall.

Now for the current incarnation!


Starting at the door and going around the room the room to the left.


The art, crafting, miniature,  and repair station.


The storage nook.  Books. embroidery thread and project boxes.


Fabric storage, work space and cutting area.


The view from the design wall.


Hand stitching area.


The ironing spot!  I don't have water in the basement except attached to the washing machine so there are gallons of water along with my irons and the new basket "Iron Me"


The Janome's home.  I use this machine for everything except quilting.
There's a small ironing station between the two machines.  It's really helpful for foundation paper piecing or when I'm just lazy!


The Bernina is used almost exclusively for quilting.  I'm not fond of it but it has a larger throat than the Janome.  I added the shelves fairly early on, then one of them sort of fell off the wall so I had to redo them with heavy duty supports.

Yet to come: three French bulletin boards-I'm working on those now, staging the shelves and a sign fo the door.

I'm making myself put everything away before I come upstairs hoping that will keep it neat. 

I'm going to try to post every day now~ don't hold your breath.

Gail


PS to all of you commenters I love that you commented but I am staring over on replying.  I haven't even been turning on the computer lately!  So many things to get back into!



 

8 comments:

  1. It all looks lovely Gail - now, what are you going to make?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a great job with your studio! Good luck keeping it that way though, those scraps have a way of creeping out of their boxes and taking over. Hope you find some time for stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posting every day???? Looking forward to reading every day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a transformation! It’s such a great space for all of your crafty endeavours. The different stations are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to have a tidy space to work in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sewing space is so big and even has designated nooks! Cool!
    It is always mire enticing to sew in a neat space.
    Deana at dreamworthyquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a good big space Gail.i really like the baskets for mending ironing etc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tidy up looks amazing, love your different stations.

    ReplyDelete