Pages

Friday, July 12, 2024

A nice evening at the Chookshed!

 One of our wonderful ZOOM chats happened earlier!  I so look forward to these!  

I spent the time doing the mending!  Some of it had been in the "Mend Me" bin for over a year. It's finished now but the "Iron Me" bin is overflowing!  Once that was done I tried to work on the little Christmas tree 


I made at Shipshewana last year.   I put on some of the planned beads, then took them off.  I didn't like them, so I put it away and will allow it to simmer for a bit.

I also worked this afternoon on the French bulletin boards but the next part requires a stapler and mine doesn't work!  So, I ordered a battery operated  staple gun!  That arrives on Sunday.

Things seem to happen in stages, but they are happening.

Tomorrow, if I get up early enough I will cut the grass.  If I don't then it will be next week as we are under a heat advisory beginning at noon tomorrow.  Also, I need to replace the blade and then move the wheels higher--the extra length will help during this hot weather.

Such an exciting post!

7 comments:

  1. Very exciting post. It was good to see you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that hot weather will mean more sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sorry to miss the zoom. We were working at a festival and couldn't make it. Missed seeing everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you do get the grass cut. We used to cut ours a bit longer because the ground was so rough and we did not bottom out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be interesting to see what you decide with the Christmas tree. An electric staple gun will certainly make the job easier. Stay cool in that heat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was lovely to see you on zoom...... And again this morning....... Glad the mending is done.......
    Goodluck with the Christmas tree and stay cool........

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy you honesty and Real World posts. They are not boring. The great thing about retirement is you can do what you feel in the moment. I feel that way in the summers.
    Deana at dreamworthyquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete