Pages

Monday, May 8, 2023

Day 29 Scrub Stitching Earlybirds Arrive!

 First thing this morning we again loaded Chooky's car for the trip to Baradine.  Joe and Tony took suitcases in their bus to give us a bit more room.  I wonder how we will ever get it all back to Chooky's!  No wandering through the mountains today just straight to camp.  I am rooming with Lea!  We hung quilts on the wall (using skirt hangers-what a great idea).  Sylvia brought a quilt all the way from Germany-it was gorgeous, of course.  About noon more folks began arriving and emptying their vehicles to set up their sewing for the retreat.  All the rest of the United Nations of Scrub Stitching arrived as well--In addition to Sylvia (Germany) and myself (Missouri USA), Lou and Raywen (New Zealand), Chris (Canada), Deanna (Utah USA) and Tracy (Idaho, USA)!  Ironing and cutting stations were set up as well.  By the time we wanted to eat dinner/tea/whatever most of the 35 participants had arrived.  I took Chasing Dreams with me to work on so I began making foundation paper points for the large circle of points.  It did not go well, sigh.  I had to un-sew and un-sew and un-sew.  So much so that I needed "Sticky tape" (aka Scotch tape) to reinforce the paper, a trip to the market in Baradine scored me the final roll!  After dinner at the Pub in Baradine it was back to camp for more sewing and then sleep.  

I didn't take photos, bad traveler that I am.  Will try to do better!

My knee was very painful so I went to take the old reliable Tylenol and put it up to rest.  Ice would have been nice but there wasn't any,  such is life.  I will live. 

4 comments:

  1. It must have been lovely meeting up with all those zoom faces! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your reference to the United nations of scrub stitching!! Ad I presume you don't call it sticky tape over there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. .it was very exciting, seeing everyone arrive and set up their spots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness Lucky we put cases in jos bus we they would not have fit in on the way over.......
    Oh no your knee......I did have some ice..... Wished I'd known.......

    ReplyDelete