Pages

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Day 30 More Stitching, more ripping


A Thursday and a day of continued frustration with these points.  One would think that I would have the assembly of these figured out, but just about the time I thought I had--I'd make some ridiculous mistake and have to rip it out!  Each of this set of points has SIX pieces of fabric!  I did finish them though.

I spent a great deal of time walking around, looking at what everyone was doing and chatting. Every time I needed a break I either did that or went outside for a bit of quiet.
There was in the room a wonderful cacophony of sound!  Women's voices chatting with old friends and new.  Much laughter included!  It was something you only hear occasionally and it is to be treasured.  That said-the lovely cacophony made it hard for me to concentrate and being the introvert I am I needed a break from it now and again. At one point I even tried plugging in my headphones and listening to music but it didn't help  me concentrate so I took them off.

My knee still hurts!
Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

 

5 comments:

  1. I have learned that, though I am not an introvert, I cannot focus on anything complex at retreat, so I take mindless hand work and embrace the noise and do the visiting. I can do the hard stuff at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine all the friendly chatter - no wonder it was difficult to concentrate on those points! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry your knee hurts, Gail. Here is to hoping it gets better soon.
    I loved your paper piecing project! I just added a photo of it to my last blog post! I remember seeing you with head phones and noticed you stealing away from the retreat from time to time. I understand a need for some space at times and a need to concentrate. I intentionally brought projects that required very little thinking so I could visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember well your frustration and also your smile when things were going well. It was a wonderful cacophony, like you I relish the memory but also found myself enjoying those moments when I stepped out side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best cacophony.......I escape occasionally too.......
    Love your project you did well to get that much done with all the distractions.......

    ReplyDelete