Pages

Sunday, May 7, 2023

Day 28 Baradine, The Warrumbungles, and more turtles

This morning Chooky and I loaded up her car, and I do mean loaded it up. and headed for Camp Cypress where we planned to spend and hour or so setting the tables up for the retreat which would begin the next day.  Baradine is on the other side of the Warrumbungle mountains so the drive was lovely--cause we all know how much I love mountains! Once we arrived at camp we started to set up the tables only to discover that there were not enough in the meeting room!  Staff was consulted and we discovered that the rest of the tables had been placed OUTSIDE against the building where they had been rained on and were both muddy and  swollen with water.  (Particle board does that!)  We cleaned up a few but some were beyond help, again staff was consulted and tables acquired from another building on site.  Whew!  What we though would take an hour or so took more like 3-4 but we did get the tables set up and Chooky's car unloaded.  

Then it was off to Coonabarabran and the Crafters Cottage!  I found more sea turtles there, and I brought them with me!  Along with a kit that included everything except batting (wadding) and backing.  It's machine appliqué, the same as Paper Dolls so it should be fun!  


After a visit to the market Chooky showed me around the Warrumbungle National Park where there is an observatory and the whole of the flat lies like a carpet in front of you.  Australia is SO beautiful!

Some photos of the Warrumbungles.











Yes, I was standing on Chooky's car!

When we arrived back at Brogala, there was a surprise!
Jo Butterfield and Husband Tony had arrived!  I don't know if Chooky expected them but I didn't!  Such a warm welcome I received.
  
Not long after, Janice and Mick along with Lou and Tony (Yep 2 Tony's) arrived!
The day was capped off with a wonderful sunset.


Not to mention an Aussie Barbecue-Prawns (Mr Chooky, I can call shrimp prawns just like an Aussie!) and assorted other yummies!  
I ate too much!





4 comments:

  1. I just loved that turtle kit you bought!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turtles look fun and Warrumbungles is such a great word! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really appreciated your help setting up..... OMG the tables were a hassle I didn't need...... Glad I was able to show you around a little bit and those turtles had to go home with you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your turtles, great you had a bit of a look around on the way to Baradine.

    ReplyDelete