Pages

Monday, April 24, 2023

Return to Sydney--Day 25

I left Cairns on Friday to return to Sydney.

I went back to stay at the Marriot near Circular Quay--a triangular building by the way, which makes finding your room quite interesting!  It's close to the Opera house.  Plus the staff is always willing to explain how to do something-this time it was the trains.

First though, I had lupper (lunch/supper) down on the Quay and watched people  after checking in on Friday.  Then Saturday morning, I went down and had strawberry pancakes with ice cream again-I mean I never have that at home so why not?  Then, I was off on the train to meet my blogging friend Ann Campbell (@ cottenreelcapers.blogspot.com).  I took the tram and changed over to another train to go further out.  I tried very hard to take the correct train but somehow I got on the wrong one!  Once I finally realized it-emails with Ann put me right and we finally met!  (4 trains that day!)  Ann very kindly took me up into the Blue Mountains for High Tea.


It was quite wonderful!  I had such a good time with Ann!  She very kindly drove me back to my hotel for my evening plans.  I don't think I'd like driving in Sydney!  Even the Uber drivers  say most people don't know how to drive there.

My evening plans involved this place--

The Opera house.
Where I went inside to see-- the Australian National Ballet perform


Don Quixote! 
On opening night, no less.
It was beautifully danced and I was enthralled.
The live orchestra added to the evening.
I was so excited I had to text my Scott-the former pre-professional ballet student--who was jealous!
This was something I really wanted to do and I will always remember it.







8 comments:

  1. Lots of great memories to take back home Gail, hope you've had a good day

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG she's back to posting....... Lol
    I should have done the ballet with you....... High tea looks great...... Wonderful to meet Ann......

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good you got to do something on yuor bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That afternoon tea looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly made good use of your time in Sydney and how special to spend time with your friend. Wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You left out the part where we were caught in school holiday traffic, 20km per hour from Lawson to Leura. It was such a treat to meet you in person and hear all about your adventures as well as what life is like back home. Glad you enjoyed the ballet. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad to hear you actually went to the ballet.

    ReplyDelete