Pages

Monday, April 24, 2023

Off to Bathurst-Day 26

 

After a very late night I had an early train to catch!  I set my alarm--for 5:30 PM!  fortunately I woke on my  own at 6 AM!  Raced around like a chicken with my head cut off gathering my stuff and checking out.  Fortunately, the wait for an Uber was short and I arrived at Sydney Central Train Station and walked on to the train.  No waiting!  What a novel idea.

I was tired and fell asleep.  Sometime later I woke to the sound of someone speaking in another language.  I was groggy so I didn't recognize the German.  Got up, used the toilet and sat back down.  Then. . .I heard "Gail, Gail" from behind me.  Stood up and turned around to find. . .Sylvia and her husband Arckie!  I knew they were on the train somewhere but had no idea they were sitting behind me!  (Chooky had arranged both of our tickets as the web site didn't want to take our international phone numbers and accidentally choose seats close to one another!)

Sylvia and I had a lovely chat the rest of the way to Bathurst.  Arckie dug out my suitcase from under all the camping gear and when we got off the train we were met by Chookyblue herself!  Hugs and squeals--"I can't believe you're really here!"  (If you know Chooky you know the reception we received.)  

After a stop at Chooky's sisters, we were off to Janice and Mick's house for lunch!  Lou and Tony were there as well!  So many people I only knew from blogging in person!  We had a lovely lunch and a look around Janice's collections, her sewing room and even the "room of shame!"  

When it came time to leave we saw our first mob of Kangaroos!  Jumping away on the paddock across from Janice's!  Welcome to Australia.

On our way out of town we stopped off at Ami Downs shop!  So many lovely things-I restrained myself from buying anything.  Okay, they were getting ready to go away for a show not open for business!

Then we began the long trek to Coonamble and Chooky's home Brogala.  It was long after dark when we arrived.

All in all, meeting so many people in the flesh was lovely!

5 comments:

  1. yes well I do get a little excited..........I can just imagine Sylvia on the train calling your name.....lol.....
    lunch was lovely at Janice's.........lucky we got takeaway for tea since we were late home.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting to meet so many blogging friends. Yes, I know the Chooky squeal. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so exciting to finally meet you and welcome you into our home. I couldn’t believe it when the Roos hopped through the paddock. The best show they have out on since we moved here. Perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete