Pages

Monday, April 3, 2023

Day 12--Sydney to Newcastle


Leaving this for a while!
Most interesting buildings!
After breakfast, I Ubered up to Central Sydney Train Station to catch the Inter-city train to Newcastle.  I really thought I would need to by a ticket SOMEWHERE but it turns out you just tap your Credit Card as you go in and tap it when you go out.  I am not used to traveling by train!  Although it seems like Washington DC has a similar system on their subways. I'm not sure.  I only ride a train when I go to much bigger cities and then only if I don't have a car.

At any rate, I arrived at the end of the route in Newcastle in pouring rain!  Drug my luggage over to the pick up place and got to the hotel.  Just about the time I got into the actual room Chooky was on line wanting to ZOOM with me!  She keeps asking "Where's Wally?"  The laptop wasn't even out yet but it got out and ZOOM  happened.  Then she got Lea on-as Lea lives in Newcastle.  We set up a time to got about town to quilt shops.  I hadn't been to any yet.

I have to say the learning curve is steep in a foreign country!
So day 12 ended with plans for the next day, YAY!

 

5 comments:

  1. You'll have it all 'down pat' by the time you get to Barradine, and then you'll have plenty of us to share your afternoon tea with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilt shopping with a new pal. I see another great day out coming. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time in Newcastle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More fun to be had - shame about the rain. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. well now we have a new mode of communication and which is easier.........LOL..........
    Must remember I can use my credit card and ditch the opal card.......Its so rarely used..........

    ReplyDelete