Pages

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Day 7 Decisions, decisions, decisions

With the fact that a rental car wasn't available at the airport I spent the day on the computer trying to figure out what my next step will be.  I'm sure I could get a rental SOMEWHERE in Melbourne but truthfully I was tired of driving mile after mile so I looked for alternatives.  First I thought to take a ferry to Sydney but I couldn't find one!  After looking at the atlas I realized that the road I thought went by the ocean it actually did not and while not far away I would have to take a secondary road down to whatever I thought I wanted to see and return to the highway.  In the end I decided to take the train to Sydney.  I haven't been on a train in a very long time.  I have reservations there through the 27th and while there isn't a rental available in downtown I'm sure I can find one SOMEWHERE.  If I can't I'll take a train into the Blue Mountains and from there north.

I am not disappointed by this turn of events.  No matter how well you plan there will be glitches and there are many, many things to see in Australia.  I just need to make it to Baradine on time!

3 comments:

  1. Tony and I took the train out of Sydney toward Bathurst where Janice lives, that is a beautiful journey. I hope you enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an adventurer you are. I admire your pluck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One has to be "flexible" when travelling especially through country areas. Enjoy the train trip to Sydney.

    ReplyDelete