Pages

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Day 6-Tasmania: Queenstown to Launceston

 The gas story. After much wandering about I finally found a gas station--closed.  I should have read the signs more.  I decided to go on to the next place to fill up when the yellow - "hey dummy, you are about out of gas", light came on. So, I turned around and wandered my way back to the gas station.  I had decided to just wait for them to open when I read the sign about after-hours fill ups!  Followed those instructions and was back on the road.  

Again, more winding tree tunnels but they did disappear into open fields with grazing critters.  The roads were also a definite improvement on the previous days and with little traffic I arrived in Bernie.  I didn't stop and look around as I needed to turn the rental in by 1:30pm.  Got to drive by the water for a while which was very nice before I turned inland.  I made it to the airport about an hour early even after filling the rental's tank.

Checked in, cleared security, with hours to spare.  Then nearly missed my flight as I wasn't paying attention!  So, I did the "Airport Run"!  Thankfully, it's a small airport, I was next to the last one on the plane.  An hour and 5 minutes later I was on the ground in Melbourne.  There was another glitch here, I made reservations at the Holiday Inn in Werribee (I have no frame of reference for where things are!) assuming I'd have car.  However, no cars were available!  I took a cab to the hotel, pricey but it was a long way!

I Checked in, ate dinner, promised myself I'd figure out the next step tomorrow and  crashed in the lovely King Sized bed! 

5 comments:

  1. Hmm..... Werribee is not real close to the airport, you are about 5 hours drive from me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying riding along with you. That bed sounds much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail, I am loving your adventure. Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Werribee is a long way from the airport, but the open range zoo is worth a look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like that bed was heaven.............LOL

    ReplyDelete