Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2022

Today's News


 I actually did something creative.  I hung my 16 year old grandson's art on the wall.
Chalk on black.  I think it's amazing!
For my creative thing, I bought a 24 x 24 canvas and mounted this 19 x 19 piece with double stick tape.  So far I've had to re-stick it once~using larger tape~ I hope that holds!

The big news for the past two days is the weather.  In doing the little updates this month I've noticed that it really doesn't change much from day to day.  Check it out now!

December 21 Weather in Greenwood, Missouri, USA
Temperatures:: High 36F/-16.1C  Low 3F/-16C
Cloudy and windy.
That low indicates the arrival of the Siberian Express, and SNOW.

Today's Weather is quite a bit different from the norm.
At 9:30am it was -2F/-21.7C  With a Feels Like Temperature of -23F /-30C 
At 2:30pm it was -4F/-20C with a feels like of -26F/32C
There is no way we are reaching today's forecast High of 9F/-13C!
The predicted Low is -6F/-21C-that we might make.
Tomorrow is supposed to be single digits without that minus sign!
As far as snow goes I have an inch or so on the ground-it's hard to tell as it blew around like crazy.  This is powder snow, a skiers delight, and with very little moisture.
I'm sure Denise in Michigan and the Canadian girls got way more snow and way colder temperatures!

(Something really weird happens to Celsius once Fahrenheit goes below zero-I ran these conversions through TWO programs and got the same thing.)

It appears I will have a white Christmas!  Doesn't happen often.
--------------------------------
83 more get ups!


2 comments:

  1. What a stunning piece by your grandson - such a clever artist! We are hearing about your Siberian Express - stay safe and warm. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing piece by your grandson, lovely to have hanging. Keep warm!!

    ReplyDelete