Pages

Monday, August 22, 2022

Say Goodbye to Tumbler Confetti!


I finally finished it!
Although, I will be picking loose treads off of it for the rest of my life!
I first blogged about making the tumblers on January 25, 2016.
(at the other blog addy-trailteach.blogspot.com. - I tried to add a link but I can't sign in to that site to get the permalink.)
Only 6 years to a finish.
I was certifiably insane making this quilt!
I've said before that it has no technical merit, and I mean that.
It is, however, a bright and happy quilt that makes me smile!
Just the right size for a nap at about 48 x 72 inches.
We've all wondered about how heavy it is what with all the seams-so I weighed it this morning.
5 pounds.



Here's a close-up of some of the tumblers.
You can see how I made them here.
In the end I made 672 tumblers.  
I did not use them all though, some had places that hadn't managed to get stitched! There are some left over and I have a plan for using some of them.

I haven't decided where it will find a permanent home but my sleeping chair (recliner) has potential!





 

8 comments:

  1. omg I am so excited that Tumbler Confetti is finished..........I hacve loved the journey also watching it grow and develop........I think the lounge sounds lovely and it will nice and snug coming into winter........I love it.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish Gail and such a lot of work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tumbler quilt! It is such a gorgeous, exuberant mixture of fabric fun. I would guess that sewing the tumblers together wasn't easy with all those seam allowances. It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There must have been times you thought you were crazy to have taken on this project, but you're right, the finish is beautiful, smiley, and it would be my go-to for naps because I require heavy blankets. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An amazing finish. So many tiny pieces of fabric all sewn together, each one with it's own tiny memory attached. Happy snoozes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an incredible finish, Gail! I love it, and can't stop staring. I think there is a lot of technical merit here, and the patience it must have taken to make this has merit, whether technical or not! Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the finish, I think it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh tumblers is lovely...so pretty and fun

    ReplyDelete