Pages

Friday, July 29, 2022


Ryan and Izzy on Paper Dolls.

I feel like I lost the entire month of July to sickness!  
For a couple of weeks all I did was water outside, 
watch Chinese TV on YouTube,
and attempt to feed myself and Quinn.
I continue to improve, coughing only a little now.  
Energy level is slowing improving.
A little housework is being done, 
Oh my goodness that so needs to be done.
I've even made it down to the studio a couple of evenings!
Didn't do much more than press some fabric for the next new project.

The weather cooled off a little, we had several inches of rain over several days.
I haven't needed to water but it looks like mowing is going to have to happen again!
Plus, the weeds undaunted by hot dry conditions have run off with my gardens!
I'm trying to weed a bit each day.
The experiment with Corn, Beans and Squash seems to be a bust.
The Squash, gourds and cucumbers are all being attacked by squash beetles , and the beans are being eaten alive by bugs and bunnies alike.
The three sisters tradition is hard to understand-here in Missouri the Osage Indians planted Corn, beans and pumpkins in the spring and then everyone went off to the plains on a big hunt.  How did they ever get anything from those plants they just left alone all summer?
It's a mystery.





 

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your improving..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to read that you are feeling a little better. It looks like the paper dolls quilt is a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've not been well. Gardens are a frustrating exercise sometimes aren't they, but great when things grow well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is no good I'm glad you are a bit better take it easy. The kids look like they are having fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry to hear of your garden woes...so disappointing...i guess paper dolls is a win then....such fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear you are feeling better, maybe they didn't have the rabbits to contend with back then?

    ReplyDelete