Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Home Again! More decisions!


I arrived back in Greenwood yesterday afternoon.
Thanksgiving was great!
Coldest day of the six I spent at the "Farm" so all the munchkins stayed inside.
Much running around
and around
and around
the circle between kitchen, dining room and the two living areas!
I think Ethan and Ryan had a great time.
Izzy quite enjoyed playing with assorted grownups-this time with Mommy Bri.
Izzy is an engineer-she loves to build!

Lucas and Kolby where up to shenanigans when the decided to pile onto Brayden!


I made pumpkin and pecan pies, as well as pumpkin bars and a new thing-Apple Cranberry slab pie.
The first three are tried and true, the Apple Cranberry thing was good but not good enough to make again so that recipe hit the recycling!

There was rain and some cloudy days but mostly gorgeous bluebird skies and wind!
Quinn and I walked the farm road,
investigated the barn- it must be an old barn as there are big old beams in the post and beam tradition and 18 inch wide rough timber planking on the walls. amazing-walked out to the pond to see what animals had been visiting (Lots of deer and a raccoon or two.)
Saw this:

I love the texture of mushrooms growing on tree trunks.
Nature provided stunning sunsets, including the one at the top and this one from our last night.


Now for the serious stuff.
I've had a strange couple of months with first the brake lines on the truck needing replaced, 
the tankless hot water boiler cutting out again requiring a lot of explanation to the actual company who makes the unit and then a certified tech visit (apparently the outside vent should not have a 90 degree down turn at the end-when the wind blows it causes a back draft and the unit thinks the vent is blocked-something now on my TO Do list to change), then last Tuesday as I was loading up I received a call saying Ceili had a low tire-again.  They would have put air in it except that apparently the tires had nitrogen in them instead of compressed air!  Who knew?
In the end all the tires have had air added previously, not nitrogen so it wouldn't have mattered.  Scott helped me change the tire for the spare-the culprit causing all the trouble?  A Nail!
Somehow, that was the last straw for me and Ceili.
I am DONE.
I managed to empty most everything out of her and when it warms up in March or April I will make her beautiful and sell her.  I can never get comfortable inside and Quinn really does not like being in her.  Add to that the issues with finding a place to park and all the expense of owning a trailer, I think I'll just stay in hotels.

Now I just have to put all that "Stuff" away!
For today that's enough.





 

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful family Thanksgiving. Good luck with your plans going forward. I dare say the proceeds of the sale will pay for quite a few hotel nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was fun. Exhausting but fun! At the very least selling Ceili will take one more weight off me~I'm all about lightening the load.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos Gail, great to get together with your family for Thanksgiving. Moving Ceili on sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mushrooms are cool..... Nice family time.... So pleased you have made another decision..... It's a big one for you but less work in the end......

    ReplyDelete