Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

What Possibilites did I choose?

 First off Stitching Possibilities-

1.  Get the Paper Doll Blocks done.



Here they are! All 56 of them.
I have only  to add sashing and corner stones  on the left side and bottom.
This is the last time you'll see them until the quilt is finished.

2.  Next was to get the borders on the Trail Mix quilt fixed.
Done-I used Carole's method plus basted all around the edge.  It's still not perfect but it will quilt out now.  Also I began quilting it which is a bonus.

3.  Make some string tumblers!  I added 124 tumblers to the tin for a total fo 477!  All of the new ones are blue.

4.  Continue making hexie flower-well I made one.

5.  Continue with 1 1/2" leader and enders.  I did get some made while I was doing the tumblers.  I don't know how many--didn't count those.  Apparently I can only count one thing at a time!

6.  Make the Trailer curtains--NOPE

7.  Do the mending-Yes, I think there might be one thing left but some of that stuff had been aging in the bin for a good long while.

8.  Begin a cross-stitch piece--Sort of, I have the pattern and the fabric ready.  Does that count?

9.  Do a Christmas piece-NOPE

10.  Something not on the list but that happened:  I added blocks to the Civil War Sampler!
It's a WISP!

Non-Stitching:
Nothing finished towards the move, sigh.  Things are closer.

I didn't get out in the trailer - just too hot.
I think I made one trip to the farm but it was a day trip - again too hot.

Family History:
While I didn't finish the Newspaper project, I did finish with the Virginia Hickam's and moved on to the Tennessee ones.  I'm making good progress there.
I did not work on my direct line at all though.
Still I had fun.

All in all I'm pretty satisfied with the month's possibilities completed or worked on.
September is another month.








9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got heaps done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idid! Why is it that one always believes that you should have gotten more done?

      Delete
    2. just the pressure we put on ourselves!

      Delete
  2. Oh, my! Your paper dolls look like a first grade classroom picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You achieved lots of you “Possibilities”. You are right to be pleased with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Except you know how we are always upset that we didn't finish more!

      Delete
  4. the paperdolls look great...........great to hear of your progress......hope the weather is cooling but you are in summer.......well maybe autumn now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Progress is important! Autumn isn't here quite yet but the days grow shorter and the Really HOT stuff may be behind us-Thank goodness!

      Delete