Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

August possibilities

 Janice calls them goals.  I don't think that word-goals-works for me!

So,  Stitching possibilities

  • Get the Paper Doll blocks done, including sashing and cornerstones--I should be able to do this.  I only have 15 actual dolls to do then I need to add some extras like balloons, flowers etc. and faces.  All the dolls are traced and the pieces ironed onto the fabric-and put into plastic sleeves so I don't loose them or get them mixed up!  I plan to do a modified Quilt As You Go while assembling the top.  I won't get to that this month unless a miracle happens.
  • Fix the borders on Trail Mix.  I want those ocean waves fixed before I start with the hand quilting.  I'm planning to try Carole's solution.
  • Work on the String Tumblers.  A project begun years ago!  I have no idea what I will do with them in the end but I need to make more!
  • Continue making hexi flowers.   Also begun years ago. The never ending project.
  • Continue with the leader and ender 1 1/2 inch squares-currently into pairs.
  • Make the window headers, door and bench pieces for Ceili as well as a table cloth.  
  • Get caught up on the mending!
  • Begin a cross-stitch Christmas piece or two
  • Whatever Squirrels take over!

Non-Stitching possibilies

Family History--A few weeks ago I did a crazy thing!  I got on Newspapers.com remotely through the library and printed out a large pile of articles on Hickam's (This requires deleting all the references to Hickam Field - Air Force Base - Hawaii of which there are many!)  I've been working through them trying to find which group they belong to, that part is mostly finished.  So this month I want to deep dive into each family group and get them entered into my computer and then filed in the Hickam binders.  While that's underway I'll work at filling the blanks and sourcing the stuff I already have.

Get the house on the market.  I thought this one was close until I pulled off the tape from around the new door only to find it lifted the wall paint as well, sigh.  I'll have to see if the former owners left the paint to do a touch up or if I'll need to paint the entire wall.  Then there's cleaning and beginning the paring down and packing up.

For my own pleasure, I'd like to go out in Ceili at least once and spend several days at the Farm.  Both of those depend on air quality, which is bad at the moment. (Wildfires.)

All the possibilities.

On that note, I'm heading into the Virginia Hickam's

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! So many possibilities. I’m glad my “goal” list is a bit shorter. I’m sure you will make good progress with your stitching and learn more interesting facts about your family as you organise your new Hickman information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always over do it when I make a list! I've been researching my families for about 50 years but more things are available on line now so I'm working at it again, the sense of discovery is really motivating!

      Delete
  2. You can pick and choose from the list, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Ha! I will most certainly NOT get everything done!

    ReplyDelete