Pages

Monday, May 3, 2021

The rest of the story. . .


On the way home from Scott's farm I stopped off at Bothwell State Historic Site.
You can see three floors of the stone house from the highway 
and I'd always thought I'd stop there "Someday."
Well, someday was on Saturday!
This is the side of the house you see from the parking area.


This the the other side.

Being up so high it's a great place to get photos.
Apparently, some other folks thought so as well,
there were several groups of teens in their fancy PROM clothes taking photos as well.

The views from the balcony.
See the highway?


Everything is greening up nicely, 
Most trees aren't fully leafed out yet but it still looks green!


They didn't have the house open for tours on Saturday.  
Currently, you must book a time more than 24 hours ahead 
and can only have 4 in a group.
If you want to see photos of the inside and read about the history of the place,
Go Here!

Quinn and I walked about and admired the gardens-

not in full bloom yet but still lovely.

Then, it was off on the last leg of the trip home.

I'm still quite tired from all that busy but I feel refreshed emotionally.
Maybe I'll actually get something done this week!






 

10 comments:

  1. What an interesting building.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I think I may go back when I can take to tour.

      Delete
  2. I love the look of the place. Would be fun to explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always thought so! Will definitely put it on the TO DO list so that I can see the inside.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a lovely stopping point. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I finally stopped and will stop in again.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely building and the garden will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very interesting place. The iris were blooming and it looked like there would be lilies a bit later, gardens here tend to get rather tired later on in the summer.

      Delete
  5. That was a lovely place to take a break from the road. Beautiful vistas and the garden lush and green.

    ReplyDelete