Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Busy, Busy Week

On Monday, I loaded up the truck and Quinn and drove off to Columbia, Missouri and my youngest son's house to play with this little girl!


Miss Izzy!  
She will tell you quite firmly that she is not Isabel.
"I Izzy!"
(That old woman in the photo just doesn't know how to take a decent selfie while snuggling with a 2 year old!)


Both Izzy and Ryan love to read and the house is FULL of books!
I had brought a few of my books and Izzy was quite taken with these books.
They have foam backed illustrations that are puzzle pieces.
We read them SO many times and she got quite good at putting the pieces where they go.
Only an occasional "help me, Granna.


Here she is with her big brother, Ryan.
Both of them love to cook and Daddy lets them.
Ryan helped me cut strawberries and whip cream for Strawberry Napoleon.
Izzy just stole strawberries, to eat!

Izzy was to return to "School" on Friday as the quarantine was over for her class 
so I returned home on Thursday afternoon.

When I arrived home I had two packages waiting for me!


This pile of goodies arrived from Australia!
Ann Campbell at Cottonreel capers collected such lovely things.
I think we both enjoy sending boxes back and forth- we've been doing it for 12 years, I think!
I've already eaten all the chocolate cookies!

The other package was from my son and bonus daughter and is for Mother's Day, so more later.

Continuing on the busy, busy of the last week.
Quinn and I got up early Saturday and once again headed down the road to Columbia.
Scott and his wife Bri have a 5 acre "Farm" about an hour from Columbia and he need a riding lawnmower  or he'd have hay soon.
I had offered to pick up the truck ramps and return to take one up to the farm,
I was to take Scott, Ryan and Quinn with me and Bri would take Izzy and the dogs.


Here they are-both in my truck!
Izzy was quite sure that she was "gonna ride in Granna's truck!"
There were tears when the parents pulled her out!

There was a stowaway in the front seat as well
Coco!

Anyway, the load up and trip was uneventful.
Well, except for the Chipotle I spilled all down my front!
After unloading-those ramps are so useful.
Ryan had to climb into a window cause Dad forgot the key!
Once the second car arrived he gassed up the mower and went to work.


There's more from the way home but this is getting LONG so I'll save it for tomorrow!






6 comments:

  1. How exciting you got to see some of the kids.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a really great time! She's a corker. Now if only I could see my California Girl!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful to spend time with your grandchildren and family, cute extra passenger you picked up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coco has always been crazy about me-guess she knows a dog-person when she sees one. Ryan and Izzy are smart, fun little people and I've missed them so much. Missed my son and his wife too!

      Delete
  3. Lovely to have two trips away. Your parcel had some lovely things in it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delighted that you enjoyed your parcel of goodies! Granna cuddles are the best cuddles of all. Izzy and Ryan are so sweet and full of verve. It's so good that you can spend time with them. (Miss) Coco is adorable. I have set up a new email address because the Yahoo ones keeps getting rejected. I'll send you an email from Gmail so you know it's me.

    ReplyDelete