Pages

Monday, March 22, 2021

Monday Musings

Schlumbergera App.

My Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, every dang day cacti are still at it! 
I have nine different varieties and at the moment three are in bloom and two have buds
These plants have been in bloom almost continuously since I brought them inside last fall.

I guess they really like my office window!

March is not my friend.
It was really lovely the first week.
Windy, with red flag warnings. but really nice.
So nice I planned to go purchase the blocks for two new gardens.
But. . .
Before I could get to the lumber yard it started raining
Big thunderstorms, water standing in the yard and a small stream running off on one side!
We had our first tornado warnings of the year.
(Actually three hook echos in one big storm!)
Nothing touched down though.)
I think it rained daily for one whole week.
The grass turned green over night.
Now, it will take a whole week of no rain to not sink when I walk on the grass!
That is not in the forecast-it's like 2 days of sun and 3 days of rain.
So, those two gardens aren't happening in March.

With all the rain my MOJO for just about anything has departed.
Sigh.
March is usually wet and cloudy.
Dismal.
I'm quite bored but I don't want to do anything!
I have made some small progress on Trail Mix.
I think the top is about halfway together.
No other stitching.
Really must find a way to get back into things!

Tomorrow, I'm off first thing for my second shot.
Huzzah!




 

9 comments:

  1. We have had a mix of weather here Gail - warm sunny days, frosty nights and some heavy showers. I just enjoy the outdoors when it is sunny and my sewing when it isnt. Hope you find your mojo. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could do that if the sun shines, unfortunately even if it's not raining it's cloudy and depressing. Perhaps April will be better.

      Delete
  2. I have one old Thanksgiving cactus and it's still blooming, too!
    And I know what you mean about March. March and November are transition months and my arthritis tells me so everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have problems with November (anticipating the holidays gets me through.) March is such an icky month here. Wet and cloudy and miserable-at least it's not snow and sub-freezing cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 4 Christmas Cacti--oh, wait. I have 5 now. Hubby brought me one in bloom last November when I was in the dumps. But I don't have a good window for them (the orchids are hogging them), so they bloom very weakly. I wish I could get mine to bloom like yours!
    Hope you find your mojo and joy soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My office is on the second floor so it's warmer but the window faces east, they only get sunlight in the morning. I take them outside for the summer in the shade on the north side of my house, water and feed them. That's pretty much it. They don't have a many blooms as they did earlier but still they bloom on.

      Delete
  5. Love your flowers, I have some of those in hanging pots in my pergola, but then we don't get the snow here that you do. Commiserations to you about your March weather, you probably don't want me to tell you that we have had perfect March days here, not too hot and not too cold, hardly any wind and just a little rain. But we are heading into our winter, so it won't be long until I am carting wood for the heater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't seem to stop buying the things- All the ones I have are different colors and still I'd buy more if I saw a different one. I am happy for you that summer hasn't been unbelievably hot and miserable! I'll be facing that in just a few months. June, July, August and September are very hot and humid here. The problem now is that I'm, ready to dig in the dirt outside and it's too soon for that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes we just get in a little lull. I'm sure the sun, when it comes out, will perk you up. It does me.

    ReplyDelete