Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Back Home Again

No, I haven't gone anywhere!
But,
I have been busy.
Here is Trail Mix laid out on the design wall.
All those empty spots are for the Double Nine blocks.


I don't really think I understood this quilt until I put it on the wall.
I just thought when it said a light and a medium/dark I could just pick two fabrics one lighter than the other and it would all be good.  
Wrong!
It really needed to be the SAME light for the "trails" to show properly.
So after two days of unsewing the double nine blocks and cutting more parts 
I have begun putting them back together!

This is the machine I'm using!
My 1973 Elna Super!
Which is back from the repair shop and just humming along.
I love working on this machine, 
the stitches are always even, 
the tension is always right.
It's just a dream!


 Steve, the repair guy said it was a "Sweetheart of a machine!"
I have a feeling one of my other machines is never getting much use!

5 comments:

  1. What a shame about the unstitching - however it is going to be beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm finally feeling good about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes those machines are great, the pink Elna was my first machine bought by my parents when I turned 18, and is still being used today. Must do one of those Trail mix quilts "one day". (Too many want to do quilts in my head!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying using the Elna that for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. bugger you got a bit mixed up but wow trail mix looks great.......cute little machine....

    ReplyDelete