Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Eve!


 Santa's Big Night!
No little ones at this house but my Grandies are getting excited I'm sure!

I've done a tiny bit of baking:

Povatica-known in this family as P-tisca.
I have no idea how it's supposed to be pronounced!
It's a tasty sweet bread filled with crushed walnuts.


To get those layers and layers you roll the dough out as large as you can (I usually get it to 3'by 4-5').  This is the hardest part of the whole deal!
It makes twice this much but I gave the other half to Beth, 
Sorry boys, again she lives here!
It wouldn't be Christmas without it.
Christmas will be strange, likely to be remembered as the Zoom year.
Like everything else!
The virus has not peaked here so still much care is needed.
I've been careful for 10 months, I'm not about to stop now!

Haven't done much else but recover from the Nashville trip and read.

I know that my friends "Down Under" have already celebrated but here we still wait.

Everyone, no matter where you are, Happy Christmas!

7 comments:

  1. Hello Gail, it is 8am on Christmas morning here, and we are getting ready to go to church and then home for lunch. Hope your day is lovely as it can be, and you stay safe. Thinking and praying for you from Down Under, where we are very thankful and very aware of how life is for those in other parts of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Gail! We had a cool Christmas day so made a hot meal. Your P-tisca looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Christmas wishes Gail - wow, that cake looks delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gail, it was so fun to 'meet' you yesterday! I look forward to Zooming with you again. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake looks delicious. I'll have to google a recipe and pass it off to the cook in our house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you can't find a recipe I'd be happy to send you mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks delicious! I am sad you couldn't have littles there.

    ReplyDelete