Pages

Monday, December 14, 2020

Best Laid Plans

I give up!

I had half of Flipflops at the farm- two quilted and began the other half and soon discovered that there were large pleats forming in the fleece backing.

Why this happened on this quilt and not on the other one is a mystery to me.

At any rate, I will have to unsew what I've done and then I think I'll tie it.  Of course I didn't bring the things to tie a quilt!  I will work at the unsewing but it isn't going to be finished by Saturday!  

I could work on #2020 but it's a big quilt and I just don't have what it takes to do it on the Bernina. So I've decided on big stitch hand quilting.  Did I bring that with me?  Of course not! It may be finished by Christmas but I kind of doubt it.

I've packed away the Bernina.  I should just say here that I do not like the Bernina!  It doesn't stitch evenly nor does it hold tension.  UGH.

What did I learn?  To either hand quilt or pay for quilting.  So most of next year's quilts will go out to be quilted.  That means I have to find a quilter as the one I used before stopped doing it for others. 

On to other, much less stressful things.  Like writing out Christmas Cards. I'll begin sorting and packing the truck for the trip home in a day or two.  It's easiest done a bit at a time.

Four more days, on the fifth I head home.  I'm ready.



6 comments:

  1. Oh dear, that all sounds very disappointing Gail. Such a shame to have to unstitch! What sort of Bernina do you have? - I love mine! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it happens, I'll get over it. I have a Bernina 550QE. I have never really liked it, I have a Janome I like better but I still miss my old Elna Super! The Elna spoiled me in terms of tension and stitching, it was just so dependable. No electronic stuff but I don't use that anyway. I think I'll take the Elna in to the repair shop and see if they can get it up and running, then the Bernina to see if they can fix the issues I'm having, then the Janome for cleaning. Can't take them all at once! Then I may sell the Bernina.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear of your problems, just when you thought you would be finished. Well done for even attempting to quilt on a domestic. I don't know how anyone can do it, so hoping i am able to use my longarm for many years to come.Safe travels on the journey home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your frustrations, sometimes machines just do not play nice!! Safe journey home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind thoughts. It happens, I'm nearly over it! I am always careful-I still have a bunch of things on my bucket list!

      Delete