Pages

Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year!


 I hit the pillows before midnight !  I had a lovely time before that with the Chookshed Stitchers-many thanks to Chooky it's always fun! 

Here's to 2021 being better than 2020!  Good things did happen even with THE VIRUS and I try to focus on that with gratitude.  For one, no one in my family has contracted THE VIRUS, even though Beth was exposed-she tested negative.  


Winter arrived overnight!
First rain, then freezing rain and now snow.
2-5inches are expected for the Kansas City Metro!
Quinn came in covered with snow-she is not impressed.

This year's word is BREATHE.

I have a two page list of Goals for 2021.
Probably won't get them all done but looking at it gets me moving.
I tried putting the list as a page on this blog-it looked really pretty on the draft and really nasty on the blog.  I took it off.
I'll give it to you in bits and pieces!  Some things on the list have to wait for THE VIRUS to get under control or Spring, some are dependent on my staying in this house.  Still, I can't forget them when they are on the list!

First, I have some 365 Challenges.  Things I want to do every day in the hopes that good habits will evolve.
They are:
Stretch 
Walk or bike 
Drink at least 64 ounces of water
Practice the Piano 
Practice the Guitar 
Take photographs
Meditate/Journal
Blog 
Work at learning French 
I am sure that I will not do all of these every day-I mean I have to have my gall bladder out and recover (hopefully this month.)  

Quilting goals
NEW
Trail Mix quilt
ZigZag scrappy quilt using the 2 inch squares in the bin
Postage Stamp quilt using the 1 1/2" squares as leaders and enders-already in progress
Temperature Quilt
Begin a Lucy Boston
Make a Paper Doll quilt for Izzy
Begin a foundation pieced Civil War letters quilt made pot holder style
There are one or two I'm thinking about but I won't list them.
UFOS
Civil War Sampler finished
Dragons
Hexi-flowers
Strip Tumblers
Do something with the Log Cabin blocks
Do something with the Orphan blocks
Will I get all these done-who knows!

More tomorrow!



11 comments:

  1. Good,luck for this year Gail and for your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I probably need good luck as my ability to preserve is sadly lacking!

      Delete
  2. Hope you manage to get to tick off all your goals. Happy New Year Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you. I have just discovered that for some reason you blog had stopped coming through on Feedly for several months, so I’ve been doing some catching up on all your doings. The Christmas stockings look fabulous on the stairs. You must feel so proud of doing all that stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, tech only works part of the time! I LOVE the stockings on the stairs-and I am SO happy they are finished!

      Delete
  4. Oh I like your list of things for 2021......and I see Lucy is on the list.......what colours/style fabrics are you going to choose???
    goodluck with the op....will it still go ahead with the covid situation???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had some fabric selected for a while-Civil War sort of. May change my mind before I get started as I really like brights!

      Delete
  5. Oh and so pleased you joined us stitching......

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to be busy! Hope the op goes OK - do you have a date? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No date for surgery just a consult on the 13th of Jan. Based on the ultrasound there's a dilated duct and I'm proactive about health stuff so I won't put it off.

      Delete
  7. Your goals are wonderful! I like that you have good health and good mental health on the list as well as sewing. I truly enjoyed reading them and wish you well on accomplishing them!

    ReplyDelete