Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Other September Goings on

 


September is the month I try to make all the doctor visits and there are blood tests etc  Even Quinn has a Vet appointment in September.  This way I don't forget what month I should go to what doctor!  It ran over a bit this year as today was the last of the appointments.  Eye doctor today-all is well, cataract surgery is just amazing!  I've also done the primary care thing, a mammogram (Chooky and Judy will be glad to know) again all well.  Then there was the Orthopedic one year follow-up on the knee replacement.  That was not so great.  I seem to fall into the 5% of folks that have significant pain-his possible explanations were: infection ( blood work negative so no), the button under the knee cap moved, or possible allergies to either the metal or the plastic.  There would need to be blood tests for the allergies and I would have to pay for them out of pocket which would be fine but all those possibles would require surgery to fix.  At the moment I am not willing to admit myself into a hospital for a non-life-threatening problem!  SO, I am wearing a compression sleeve for now and that really helps.  Quinn and I have been taking daily walks around the neighborhood, not our usual 3 miles but we'll get there.

September is also the month when the gardens begin to look scraggly, I have only a few pots left to empty and clean, the big garden beds to ready for winter and the usual grass cutting and soon leaf raking.  All the Christmas cactus have been brought inside and hauled up to the second floor for the winter.  Several have buds on then already.  The sweet potatoes are from a large pot I planted, inspired by Denice's VERY big pot, not too bad considering the size of the pot.  I will say getting them out of the pot proved to be difficult!

I did a dismal job on the Want To Do list for September, very dismal, not even worth mentioning!  I'm not putting up an October list!

October is for leaves turning and falling here.  The temperature is up and down but the trend is down-we are to have 80F/30C days this week but dryer so not turning on the AC again this year.

October is a big month for cleaning in advance of the holidays and I've already made a good start!  The Garage is clean, even swept and my office has left the first floor and returned to it's usual place upstairs and is tidy!  It seems I re-arrange some rooms ALL the time! The first floor is next and then the studio.  Boring stuff but I'll be more settled when it happens.

I'm still working on how to do all the new technology, I think I fixed the no reply thing.  Now if I could only fix the photo in the header thing!  If I don't figure it out soon I think I'll just take it out!

Stay healthy!

Blessed Be.

5 comments:

  1. This new blogger is not so easy to figure out, not as intuitive as the older version. Sadly I'm not much help, but stick with it, you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great crop of potatoes Gail. There is always so much to do. Glad you are all well apart from the knee. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a bad haul of sweet potatoes for a pot. I grew all my vegetables in pots years ago (easier to reach and work on) and it’s remarkable how productive plants can be. Sorry to read about your knee. How frustrating. New Blogger still won’t email comments on my posts. Annoying. You are making good progress on your tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like October is a busy month for you. I hope you can get some improvement in your knee. Blogger seems to throw up different challenges on different days for different people!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your sounding very organised unlike me.......glad all the health things got the tick bugger the knee didn't........lets hope it settles down...boob check great......great haul on the sweet potatoes.......

    ReplyDelete