Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2024

When the temperature stays below 80F. . .

 I jump for joy!

Then I work outside for most of the day.  Cutting grass before it's long enough to have the city after me, then working at taking out a spruce tree.  It was too close to the house and causing the little wall in front to get wonky.  It was originally shaped into a round ball about a foot above the ground but over the years that I've been here it has grown out of its shape and I don't have the proper tools (or talent) to keep the shape.  If it had not been shaped it would be as tall as my front room windows and they are VERY tall.  I got all the branches off and moved back to the old garden where they will stay and lose all the needles before I burn branches this fall. Tomorrow, I will finish that job and hopefully a few others outside.

I spent a little time in the studio finishing a couple of small projects.


I found this frame at the op shop, it was pale brown and had the words " Say Yes to Adventure" on the glass and a rather dull photo on the back.  That would not do!  So I took it apart which was much harder than I expected, painted it black and put this photo of the Great Barrier Reef from an old calendar in it.  Naturally, the glass got all smudged from my handling of it so I cleaned it before I glued the photo back in.  All the Letters came OFF! Even though it would have been fun to have the writing I really like this photo of the Reef so I'm happy with the project.  The other thing I did was to stain the "hope" sign for the wall (hope was last year's word) I could only get horrible photos though.  Anyway, it's ready to add to the gallery wall.

Here's the current state of the bulletin boards~


This is the smallest one and is waiting for me to sew buttons on each of the ribbon crossovers.  That's what makes the ribbon taut enough to hold things in place.  This one goes in the craft area.
This is what the other two look like.  All covered in batting.  I used almost every scrap of batting in the 


drawer!  Each one has at least 4 layers of batting to get the "puffy" look.
Anyway, I think I will really like them when they are finished.

Here's to another cool, dry day tomorrow!




4 comments:

  1. cooling off a bit here as well...still bit humid and in the 80s but the high 90s gone for now...me i'm waiting for 70 and 60 at night....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for cooler temps so that you can work comfortably outside. Nice upgrade to the thrift shop frame and good progress on the bulletin boards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great save on the frame and I can see why you like the picture of the GBR. Cute board, nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely picture, and the bulletin boards will be great.
    Deana at dreamworthyquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete