Pages

Friday, July 26, 2024

Pollen and Mold take me out!

 Last Friday was another cool day so I trimmed the fence line, took out the rest of the Spruce tree and worked at this~


East Hosta Garden.  
Earlier in the year I had done the West Hosta Garden .

I love the look !  

It helps keep the grass from invading and weeding is easier.  I'm still adding dirt to level this one out, then I have peat moss to add as well.

I didn't have quite enough pieces of the border so I had to order more and wait for them to come in.  They arrived early on Saturday so I finished the Hosta garden and laid out the border pieces to continue to the fence.  


Then, Chooky announced a Zoom chat!  I just picked up my tools, left everything else where it sat intending to finish Monday. There it still sits.

Showered and took myself off to the studio to chat and sew.
Quilted some on the blue and white quilt-half quilted now,
cut strips for Brayden's quilt, and started a small cross-stitch piece while chatting.
After that I went to bed and not to sleep.  My legs had the jitter-bugs and about 2am I starting coughing and coughing. I was planning to drive to Columbia to watch Ryan perform but I couldn't walk across the room without coughing so, I stayed home, 
Took three naps.
Monday, I had a light bulb moment when I thought to check the pollen and mold counts.  Ah-Ha!  Pollen, especially grass was HIGH and Mold was VERY HIIGH!  
Since then I have stayed inside except for short trips out and I wore a mask for those, and I have gotten better every day. On Monday I only took 2 naps, Tuesday it was down to 1, Wednesday I stayed up all day!  Yesterday, I had to have a nap though.  Today, I carried up a load of laundry (cause very little has been done this week.) and coughed.  Besides sleeping I read 4 novels and watched a great deal of YouTube on my laptop!

I had this same problem in July of 2022 but never had the light bulb moment so it was worse.  I didn't do much gardening in 2023 since I was in Australia during the heavy gardening start up.  I might have stuck a couple of tomato plants in the ground but that's it so no allergy issues.

I guess the lesson here is to not spend too much time outside in July without a mask!

I have to water the front this morning and the East hostas in back-better finish getting dressed and find my mask!





`

6 comments:

  1. good to see you on zoom...your yard looks wonderful...but a house is a lot of upkeep i know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you figured out why you weren't feeling well. The hostas look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were really hit hard by those allergies. Hope you are on the mend and feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a shame. We have high pollen too but I tend to react more to tree pollen which is well over now. Your hosta's always look so lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great that you figured out the mold and pollen effects on you. Glad you are feeling better. Today I sit with a stack of novels wanting to relish time in one of them today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad when you want to garden and suffer allergies. Zoom is always a good non garden option though. Stay out of the pollen and keep well

    ReplyDelete