Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2024

A little quilting~


I finally began quilting this little top.  I think it's been ready to quilt since sometime last year!  I've had a LONG hiatus from stitching after all.  I can only do about an hour's worth before my shoulders cry for mercy and I have to stop!  Maybe, just maybe I'll have a finish (or near finish) by Friday!
Then I prepped a couple of pieces of fabric.  One for a small cross stitch piece and one for my first attempt at Sashiko.  
I finished the ironing except for the fabric for the bulletin boards-don't want to iron that until I'm ready to use it.
My Staple gun arrived today (thank you Amazon) but it needed charged so that will be something I work on tomorrow.

I also began actually READING blogs!  What a shocker.

It's still HOT and I watered in back yesterday-tomorrow it's the front where I have new grass I wish to keep alive.
Mostly, I just tried to stay cool.  Luckily, the studio is MUCH cooler than the main level, so I have an excuse for spending a lot of time down there!

Life is quiet right now.  I think that's good.


 

7 comments:

  1. Lovely blue and white - it will be good to have a finish. You must be getting our summer as well as your own, I call that greedy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty quilt! love your bargello too...great to see you on zoom and that you are back to blogging...so freaking hot outside it's a good indoor pastime...we are under heat index here, triple digits...brutal! am used to indoor days from new england blizzards, but at least watching snow pile up is way more interesting to watch! happy for you that studio is now complete and looking very functional...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a pretty quilt. Quilting in short bursts still gets the job done. Interested to see your sashiko project. (autocorrect changed that to sashimi 😆).

    ReplyDelete
  4. goodluck with the quilting........looks like a lovely quilt in the perfect colours..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice quilt you are quilting. Hopefully you are done by Friday.
    It has definitely been hot.
    Deana at dreamworthyquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete