Pages

Friday, May 3, 2024

What did or did not happen in April

 We all know some of what I DID NOT do in April.

I did not sew.

I did not Blog.

I did not even READ blogs.

My bad.

April is the month where it is FINALLY late enough to work outside so I made a LIST!

I am prone to making lists then not doing anything on them (ADHD strikes) but this list was long enough that I could pick and choose what I wanted to do.

So here's the list and where it stood at the end of the month.

1. Clean and paint the patio table--it's cleaned (mostly) and in the garage.  I can't get the glass out even though I tried so now I have to paper both sides of the glass before I paint.  Guess what? It's on the May list!

2.  Power wash the patio, drive and house.  I tried.  I bought a power washing machine but when I tried to use it it just looks like I scribbled!  I have since figured out what I did wrong so I'll try the patio and drive again but I'll hire someone to do the house as it's 2 stories in the back and I am done with ladders (for now.)

3.  Bring out the Swing, Adirondack chairs, dining chairs, umbrella and base, and grill.  Everything except the umbrella and base is out, that will wait until the table is out as well.

4.  Add cushions, pillows and decor.  DONE!  Unless I change my mind and add something.

5.  Clean gutters.  DONE  Must call about getting covers for them!

6.  Trim trees and clean up-that took a week but it is DONE!

7.  Mow, trim and edge.  I've done the mowing thing three times now, abut not the rest.

8.  Clean up the flower beds.  I still have a few dandylions in a couple but I will be digging those things all summer.

9.  Deep rake and over-seed the front yard. DONE!  The clover is up and about the take over (I can only hope) and some new grass is beginning to show.  We've had nice rain since I did that so I haven't had to water!  YAY!

10.  Taxes  DONE!

11.  Trim the spruce ball in the front bed.  Nope, some birds have made a nest in it and dive bomb me if I get near.  Maybe by the end of May.

12.  Hang the wind chimes.  DONE!

13.  Some kind of Royals signage.  Still looking.

14.  Front porch decor.  DONE!  Painted Three pots blue and filled them with Petunias and geraniums.  Have to decide on placement still. Will take a photo when I decide.

15.  Wreath for front door.  Nope forgot that there isn't room between the door and the storm door for a wreath.  Thinking about what I want to do instead.

16.  Take out veggie beds and spread the dirt in low spots.  I've moved some dirt but this is nowhere near finished.

17.  Replace broken fence post and the 2x4 my neighbors took out when they hit the fence with their riding mower! Nope

18.  Start flower seeds.  Nope  I don't really know why this is even on the list, huh.

19.  Clean house top to bottom--oh no it's a mess.

20.  Work on turtle top, blue and white quilt and the little tree quilt-I'm sad to say that's big NO

21. Finish the wish bells-not quite.

I did not number this list when I made it --boy is it LONG!

I decided that I would done jigsaw puzzles to get me off of YouTube-it worked but I just spent the same amount of time doing puzzles. I'm not doing another puzzle for a while now.  Now I'm just going to go out and read in my swing.

I did some shopping.  Some tea pots, a wooden comb and some new gardening tools--All Japanese. A big bin to hold all the cushions etc on the patio-which came KD'd (of course) and took me a while to but together as it really wasn't designed to be done my one person.  It keeps things dry now.  I also bought a big pretty picture for over my bed-I've been looking for a long time for that.


I did also plant tomatoes and some additions to the hosta gardens.  I've worked pretty hard all month (except when it rained or I had other obligations.) and have overdone it so many times that the knees are really crying.  Yesterday, it was raining and I really needed to rest and apparently my brain decided that I had to sleep all day and all night!

Tomorrow, I'll talk about this months list!  It's shorter!


7 comments:

  1. I should hope this months list is shorter! Wow, that is some list and I am amazed at how much you did get done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I am worn out just reading this. Good luck for your next months list

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder your knees hurt, mine hurt just from reading your list! It's hard to keep everything up. I hope you can find some time for sewing on the rainy days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder you didn’t have time to blog or sew - you’ve far too busy getting other things done. I bet it feels good to check all those jobs of the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had a very busy month. I love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's about what my list would look like if i still had my own house...normally i'd be doing lots of sewing but instead april was taken up with mom's illness and death and just being paralyzed after....hope you do get back to sewing soon....

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow you did great Gail..........was about to send you a "where are you " email and found this post............you did great I think.........

    ReplyDelete