Pages

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

This week may be a wash!

 All my plans for this week are not going to well.  I began behind with the holiday and I haven't found the work "Caught-up" in my vocabulary!

First, I hurt my back on Christmas.  The two youngest grandchildren launched themselves at me for hugs- separately thank goodness- so I didn't have time to lift with my knees.  SO, ouch.  Weirdly, it doesn't hurt while walking, or sitting but as soon as I'm horizontal it screams clear down my left side as far as my knee.  So, sleep has been odd and mostly in the recliner.  All that means is that I'm slow and fuzzy-think I need the chiropractor.  It is getting better so there's hope.  This morning I had to go back to bed, breakfast-or maybe I should say Brunch was about 11:30am.  I groomed Miss Quinn before her appointment.  After all this time one would think that the dog would know better than to jerk just as I go to clip her nails.  That resulted in blood for a little while until I could get to the bandaids.  (I have now stocked bandaids in the grooming bag--Disney Princess ones!)  Her appointment was at 2:00pm and it's about a 20 minute drive from here.  She has lost a lot of weight this year and the Vet was concerned (me too) so she is doing blood work.  I will know about that on Friday-if it's okay I can schedule her teeth cleaning.  After that We went to the Pet store for her favorite bones.  It's always fun to go into a store with her--she especially likes the Garden Center's big greenhouses.  She stops and smells any flower that is low enough for her nose!

Anyway, I've done very little of the things I intended to do today and tomorrow will be a complete wash as I have a Dentist appointment which means a horrid headache and lots of sleep when I get home.  At least that's the last one for a while, I hope.

I think I'm going to go stitch awhile, maybe.


5 comments:

  1. Yes, we do have days like that. I truly hope your back gets back to 100% soon and that your dog is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early days, don't write yourself off yet. Hope you and your furbaby recover well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your back pain goes away soon and the dentist visit isn't too traumatic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your back improves soon. I think I would like going shopping with Miss Quinn too!

    ReplyDelete