Pages

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

A new year begins!

The Nashville Trio left this morning.  I was sad to see them go but it was time for all of us to get back to normal.  I'll see them again in May if not before.

New Year's Eve was quiet here.  I did manage to stay awake until after Midnight, mostly because Greenwood is devoted to fireworks.  I knew there would be many blasts of celebration~ Welcoming 2024. There had already be one round of fireworks as the Chiefs (American Football) won. Then there were several rounds before midnight, probably someone wanting to put the sleepy little ones to bed.  The sleepy ones wanted to see the fireworks, SO.  Quinn (and Lola) wanted to go out and bark at them and I let them I figure if folks can set off fireworks I can let my dog bark at them!

Yesterday, I spent quite a bit of time working on this.


The master list of things I want to do.
Chris and I spent a lot of time talking at Shipshewana.  One of the things we talked about was all the things we lost (or gave up) especially during THE VIIRUS.  I want to retake those things and add a few that I've always wanted to do so there's a page for that.  There's a page for quilting, which actually has 10 things on it even though I'm not joining the Chookshed Stitchers stitch along.  (This idea is a great one but doesn't fit my way of working.)  Other pages for Sewing, knitting, cross-stitch and non-fiber crafts.
The page for non-fiction reading is just to read 12 books this year.
This month the book is the one I received for bookflood!


I've already begun and I think it's going to be very interesting!
The travel page includes:  Dallas, Nashville, San Diego and Scandinavia.
There's a list for things I need to buy, like a remote for the TV in my bedroom. One for tracking my weight--UGH! and one with the chores which is divided into Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Etc  (this has worked for me before.)

I doubt that I get to everything this month but as long as I do some things everyday I will be satisfied.

Right now I have to go give Quinn a bath as she has a Vet appointment tomorrow!
Then I have to come back to the office and pay bills-which also means that I have to FIND them!

See you tomorrow!





7 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are starting out in the right frame of mind this year. Good luck achieving all you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you.
    Have fun with your lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea to work from lists, it often works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sad when family leaves but it always feels good to get back to the normal schedule! I sew at my own pace and don't join sew-alongs or challenges anymore. Have a blessed 2024 with lots of happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. getting started on the year............go girl........

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some great goals, Gail. Norway is on my list. I don't know if I will get there some day or not, but Australia had been on it my whole life and it happened.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to have a plan - even if you don't always stick to it! xx

    ReplyDelete