Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Plastic

 

At last.  After five months (give or take a week) I have finished with the Dentist! 

Okay, I still need to have them cleaned-that doesn't count.

Extractions, crowns, fillings and now the missing teeth have been replaced.  I have two partials made of plastic.  So I need to relearn how to talk, eat and drink with that in my mouth.   I seem to be doing okay and I didn't need Zanax for the last visit!

Checked something off my MUST DO list!

Quinn went for her vet check up last week.  She has lost 4 pounds since last year and is really skin and bones which has caused me (and the vet) concern.  She has never been a great eater-Shelties are notoriously picky about what they will eat. I changed her to canned food and boy does she like that but she still hadn't gained any weight.  Anyway, a blood test came up with pancreatic levels about 4 times what they should be.  Pancreatitis seems to be the problem and her food has been changed again.  I hope that's what's wrong and that treatment cures her.  The other option is likely pancreatic cancer.  She is 12 so I know that I should be enjoying every day that I have her.

Today, is the last day of really cold weather--for this go around.  Tomorrow it is to be in the 30's (F) /0 (C), then in the 40's (F)  5(C) with rain off and on for four days after that.  Before the big snow there was a day of rain, my back yard was full of puddles which froze, then the snow, freezing weather, more snow etc.   There has been some thawing but when it rains it will all be gone in a flash and the puddles will return only bigger.  Who knows what will happen after that!  (in 2013 we had two consecutive Tuesday storms of 13" of snow and it snowed in May.  If we had any serious snow last year I don't remember it.  This is winter in Missouri--very unpredictable.)   I'm not really complaining about the weather, I would not want to live without four seasons!  Although, I wouldn't mind if summer was a bit shorter!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're finished with all the dentist work! Now me, I could do with more summer and less winter. Hope you can find some time for stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about Quinn Gail, I hope she will be ok. Good you have finished with the dentist, it is a nerve wracking business. Our summer is being a bit here and there, hot days then some cooler days and then some rain and storms just to be going on with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to have all that dental work out of the way. I managed to pull out a filling while flossing the other day - I must say the cost is more painful than the work!
    Oh yes, I wouldnt want to be without the seasons either. Our cold spell is over too with a storm coming in today and much milder temperatures but there is the possibility of another cold spell coming in February. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. after a frigid snowy stormy week we are starting to warm up...goodbye snow, ok with me..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor wee Quinn. She has been such a faithful friend on so many of your adventures. It must worry you so much. The dentist is never fun but good to have everything sorted. We are getting some heatwave conditions over the next couple of days then back to hot and humid. Oh joy.

    ReplyDelete