Pages

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Deep Freeze

If Tuesday I lived in a Snow Globe , I now live in a deep freeze!

The temperature at 8 am was -8F /-23C with a Feels like of  -28F/ -33C.

Now, at 2:16 pm it's -1F?-18C with Feels Like of -17F/-27C.  The high today is expected to be 0F/-18C. Tomorrow, there's a heat wave coming the Hi is expected to be 6F/-14C with snow showers.

That will make 3 snows since the snow globe.  The big snow had melted some but it's no longer pretty.  Once the streets get plowed and all the dirty stuff thrown up on the yards, and sidewalks and drives get shoveled the pristine beauty of newly fallen snow is gone.

I love a big snow!  It is not only beautiful but it dampens all sound-so I know it has snowed before I even look.  The muffled quiet disappears as soon as snow shovels and snow blowers come out, sigh. 

I'm dressed in layers and still chilly, even in the house.  Quilts do come in handy!

11 comments:

  1. Oh boy Gail, I don't think I have experienced that cold. We had a snow storm in Ireland many years ago - not sure it got that cold though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That is cold. Stay wrapped in your quilts and keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our house is cozy warm but the basement is a bit chilly, not cold but chilly. I pulled out the old long johns and they're perfect for a chilly basement! I hope you don't have to go outside this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay warm Gail. I keep my trusty, microwaved rice bag at my side often in the winter and when I sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can’t imagine temperatures that cold. The coldest I’ve ever experienced is -11C at our place. Try to stay warm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when it is so quiet you just know it has been snowing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had 25.8 inches of snow. That's quite enough for me! And now the cold. Tomorrow is supposed to be the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep that is cold for sure....in the teens here which is very aka dangerous cold for us...but maine in single digits...

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg.............you are the extreme of us.........this week we have hitting some high temps.........they are playing around with 42-44.........hopefully they are wrong.........either way over 40 is blooming hot......

    ReplyDelete
  10. forgot to say stay warm.........I'll send you some of my heat.......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good grief -33degC!! It will be 38 degC here tomorrow. Shame we can’t split the difference between us. Hope you are staying warm.

    ReplyDelete