Pages

Sunday, December 24, 2023

December 24th Christmas Eve


These three arrived from Nashville Thursday night!
Tired but pumped for Christmas!
They always want beef stew and biscuits for dinner so Friday night I made that only I made enough for a small army so we called my daughter's and they came to eat as well.
They also brought the PUPPIES!


Luna, the husky!
(She didn't like being an only dog at all!)

So, 

Maya, a border collie.  Joined the family as well.  
Maya really enjoys being held in her mom's arms!
As a border collie Maya requires a job-so her job is to run Luna (and herself ) to exhaustion!



Lola really wanted to play with them but she's quite a bit bigger so that was only semi-successful and Quinn wanted nothing to do with them at all!
It was a wonderful, happy, dinner enjoyed by all.  Must do it again.


Yesterday, I made Povitica (or Tica).
The soft dough is stretched as far as you can make it stretch.  This is a 4 x 6 foot table.
It was thin enough to read the paper through it--which wasn't so great once I started spreading the nut mixture on it and holes got torn, sigh.  It worked out okay. I have 5 really nice loaves.  So the children will be happy.


I still need to make the cheesy potatoes for Christmas Dinner and some bacon cooked in the oven.

In the morning there will be fruit salad and blueberry coffeecake to be made.

Then it's off to the insanity of gift giving!

It's HIGHLY unlikely that a post will go up tomorrow--so--

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


 ps-to those of you who have been commenting, I've been reading them but I seem unable to respond!  I've enjoyed each and every one, Thank you!


7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours. It sounds like a full on fun few days for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a blessed Christmas with your family. Love the quilt on the back of the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely busy time. Povitica looks interesting - hope you got a picture of it cooked! Happy Christmas Gail. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm i'll have to google the stretched out thingy........nice to have the family with you............

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked it up and it looks amazing..........never seen it before.............

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound busy! I am with Lin, the Povitica sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Povitica sounds yummy, I've not heard of it before. Merry Christmas to you Gail and all the best for 2024.

    ReplyDelete