Pages

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Tuesday is the day I scrub the Kitchen

I am not the best at keeping my house clean.  (Don't judge)  

I do specific things each day of the week because it helps me actually CLEAN house!

That said I'm hanging my head in shame over this-- 


When I moved into this house in December of 2016 I purchased a new refrigerator.

Being the daughter of a home builder/contractor/handy man I carefully measured the opening before I bought the frig and then measured the frig at the store.  When it was delivered it DID NOT fit!
I have formica counter (bench) tops which are very prone to chipping especially when being cut.  
 I carefully cut off the end of the counter top and slid it in.  
BUT. . .
I should have cut a tad off the upper cabinet as well - the floor is not level apparently.  I managed to get it in but I've never been able to get it out! (mind you it's on wheels) 
So, for seven (yes 7) years  it hasn't been cleaned either behind or beneath!
It has recently been making an odd noise and freezing in the fresh food section.
So, 
I decided to try once again to clean it.
Getting it out hasn't been easy.
I've been working at it for a couple of days.  Pulling on one side and then the other.
It's been coming out by millimeters, but it is coming.  I only have about 3 inches left out of 12.
When I get tired I go do something else and then come back to it.
I am nothing it not stubborn!

I will finish the kitchen tomorrow.
I hope.
I also hope the frig doesn't need a repair man!

For now I'm going to go wiggle the frig some more.




1 comment:

  1. Haha, know the feeling! Our kitchen fridge in France was in place for at least 15 years without moving as the chaps who delivered it squeezed it in and I was worried if I got it out it wouldn't go back! As you can imagine when we moved it was not a pretty sight. xx

    ReplyDelete