Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2023

The Sunday Report!


My tea is almost gone!
Years ago my friend Ann sent me tea grown and processed in Australia.  
I loved it! 
When I was in Australia I bought LOTS of it to bring home.
 Some for me and some for my tea loving sons. 
 This is the last of the Nerada tea I brought home, sigh.
 Fortunately, I can (and have) order it from Amazon!  (Also, Violet Crumbles by the way.)  
When I drink it I think of all the lovely ladies I met "Down Under."
If you are a tea drinker and have never tried it, do so.  It's almost sweet enough to drink without sugar and does not have the bitter edge to it that Lipton has.
 I have always drunk Lipton.
 It was packaged in my home town-we could often smell the tea on the breeze!


After I wrote yesterday's epistle of a blog post I went down and did this


This one isn't under the tree!  It's so big and so heavy and wrapping paper is rather fragile so I left it against the wall where I wrapped it!  Someone strong will have to deal with the toting of it!

For the third year we are celebrating the Icelandic tradition of Jolabokflod.  (The Christmas Book Flood.) The gifting of books on Christmas Eve.  Some of us without other places to be will sit and read that night.  Anyway, I wrapped all the books last night as well!  Don't worry I still have many, many gifts to wrap!

Next up on my list for today is to write the Christmas letter. and prepare my computer "To Do" lists.  After dinner, which I think will be roasted Acorn squash--Not sure what I will have with it--I will once again retreat to the Studio to wrap gifts.  Maybe it will be the rest of the Grandchildren's gifts?  Anything that gets wrapped takes some of the mess out of the studio.  A few more wrapping sessions and I will be finished and can stitch until it's time to bake.

So, I'll see you tomorrow!

PS.  If anyone remembers that one of my sons lives in Nashville and heard about the tornados in Tennessee last night--They are just fine.  All the nasty storms went North of them so all they had was rain!



















 

5 comments:

  1. The tea sounds delicious, enjoy your gift wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice you are enjoying the tea and that you can get more! I like the idea of books on Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, that must have taken a lot of wrapping paper! Nothing nicer than new books for Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you’ll have to get some more of that tea. So glad you like our Aussie tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I will have to bring a stash of violet crumble if I ever get to the USA.........

    ReplyDelete