Pages

Saturday, December 9, 2023

Another Catch up-Fall


I spent a LOT of time out of doors in October!
Everything got weeded.  Hostas got cut back, everything else got dead-headed/or cut back.
 All the flower pots were washed, the house as well (okay, it got hosed off!) Spider webs everywhere were defeated-although it seems that a few have returned.
I spent 5 days cleaning and organizing the garage,  that has managed to stay clean - I stand amazed!
All the outdoor furniture except the table and the frame for the swing got moved into that clean garage for the winter, the hoses where drained and put away and all of this years fallen branches burned.  
Then I went away to retreat and return to find this!


Leaves, leaves and more heaves!  4 maple trees-many, many leaves!


My method for dealing with them is to mow them into the middle and haul out wagonloads  to various garden beds for the winter.  Next summer they will get turned into the veggie garden.
That took two days - one for the front, one for the back- and then the wagon and mower were cleaned up, the mower gas run out etc and those where stored.

During all of this I have been receiving quite a lot of dental work.  Since I am very nervous about dental work I have to take Zanax before an appointment to keep my blood pressure down.  So on appointment days I come home and sleep.

After leaves, there was Thanksgiving.  I am always responsible for dessert:  Pumpkin pie and Apple Crisp especially.  Then we all drove to Scott's for dinner.  He loves this holiday and loves making all the food for it.  I sometimes miss it myself-then I stop and think about how tired one gets with all of that and decide it's fine that he likes it!  Normally, both our family (at least part of it) and Bri's family are both in attendance but this year part of Bri's family had Covid and the rest stayed home as they had been exposed!  So it was a nice quiet dinner, very enjoyable.

I try to have my outdoor lights up before Thanksgiving and plug them in for the first time on Thanksgiving, following the Kansas City tradition of lighting the Plaza lights that day.  This year I had quite the struggle with the lights, it took me three attempts over three days to get it done, then I couldn't find the timer so they were on 24 hours a day for a couple of days.

The Tree is up and the house is decorated, whew! 

I've ordered and received holiday cards-although I haven't addressed them yet.

All along I've been shopping for Christmas gifts but that is finished!  Now, I have to wrap! (Which is next up for today!)

Then there is a small amount of baking to be done.  
Truthfully, I LOVE all this stuff!

You will notice that there is no mention of stitching.  That's because there hasn't been any!

I've resolved to blog each day so I'll see you tomorrow!






 

6 comments:

  1. Hopefully all your leaves are down now so you won't have to do more raking! Yes, eat dessert first! Life is too short to not enjoy dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! You have been a busy bee! Nice to feel all organised though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,that’s a lot of leave. What a job. You have been busy getting those lights up and everything else too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with all your preparations, I have done nothing for Christmas yet, after having been away for 5 weeks, will be home this weekend, so need to put my skates on and get busy thinking about Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did well getting everything prepared for winter..........goodluck with the Dentist still a while to go yet..........

    ReplyDelete