Pages

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Not quite every day!

My goal is to blog every day.

Yeah, well I'm trying!

Yesterday, after chores I set up the sewing machines in the studio.  Okay, they aren't plugged in yet but they are sitting in their usual spot-I count that as a win.

For some unknown reason I was really tired yesterday, had a nap and went to bed early!

Today, has been much better.

Before noon I had tidied the bathroom downstairs, gone to the post office to mail cards, and washed two sweaters.  Boring stuff.

This afternoon I began to tackle this ~~ 


I did some ironing (I'm headed back down to do some more soon.)
There is also mending in this mess!
I need to get the fabric pressed and put away.
If I don't have a big plan for a piece of fabric it gets ironed, folded and wrapped around an acid free cardboard.  I write the yardage on the cardboard and file it by the amount.  A fat quarter just gets ironed, wrapped around a small piece of cardboard and filed by color.  It works for me.  I guess once all the strips from the jelly roll are ironed I'll roll it up and put it in another drawer.

Every time I clean up the studio I reorganize things, then I wonder why I can't find anything!

Outside of the studio, I need to clean up my office in case someone needs to use it.
I have out of town guests coming on Friday ~~ My Nashville kids!
I don't want to do much in the way of housework while they are here.

Tomorrow I need to go to the market, early.  
Otherwise, I'm sure I will keep busy!

 

5 comments:

  1. You do have a lot planned for your day. Another nap will be required after that effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be great to get the fabric sorted. I am supposed to be cleaning now, but am here reading blogs instead!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing well with your blogging Gail especially as you have so much else going on! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was the only one who put stuff away and then couldn't find it! It took me over a year to find the pizza cutter after we moved in. I bought another one then, of course, I found the first one. Enjoy time with your children, Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing the things we find when we tidy up! My fabric storage system would make you crazy, yours is so organized.

    ReplyDelete