Pages

Friday, June 23, 2023

If it's not one thing it's three more


I got a haircut!  Very short, very cool, very wild in the mornings!
I like it and I don't have headaches from it being tied up.

Zoe did in fact go home!  Quinn and I have been sleeping nearly the whole time since she left.  It's strange, she's a perfectly lovely well behaved dog who loves to be loved.  When you have a dog you love and it's yours then if something happens you are very sad but not guilty.  If something happens to someone else's dog you're sad and very guilty.   All the dogs I kept and Quinn are Senior citizens--poor Zoe and Quinn have arthritis and Zoe has trouble with steps because of it.  So, I guess I was sort of tired after all the dog sitting!

My clothes dryer died and I had to buy a new one.  Unfortunately, it is more cost effective to purchase another one than to have one repaired and I am not up to DIYing it.  I did hook up the new one though-which should have been simple but wasn't.  Story of my life right now.

My truck had to have a new battery, cause it wouldn't start!  Since I bought the existing one int 2015 in Hamilton Montana I was sort of expecting it.
The truck also needs new shoes and a checkup at the repair shop!

Lastly, I lost a tooth.   My teeth are horrible.  I have a phobia where Dentists are concerned due to many hours of sitting in a dental chair as a child and teen.  Plus, I don't think the parents passed along good genetic material there.  At any rate, I have an appointment with a dentist next week to check out the mouth and decide what to do.
It will take more courage for me to step through the door to the dentist than the entire trip to Australia did!

Last some current Hosta pictures-Lin asked for them.
That's my hand on one of the biggest leaves.

The bed on the east.  You can see the white pot upside down and various other things which are to discourage the dogs from getting under the BIG hostas.  I wouldn't mind if they didn't do two things-Dig to make a comfy spot thus disturbing the roots, and  put their big feet anywhere they please. 


Quinn is careful about where she puts her feet but she's an agile Sheltie.  Lola and Zoe just walk wherever they want!  See the evidence above. The one below is even worse but they will both survive.



Just a pretty ones that escaped being trod upon.

This is the new Hosta garden.  Two plants where divided and moved and I bought some for the front.  Most likely I will have to enlarge this bed in a couple of years, but for now I don't have to weed as much!
       
Last hosta photo is of one of the new ones called Wiggles and Squiggles.  Who could pass up that?

Some lilies to finish off the garden photos. These are Stella d'Orr lilies, who apparently like the sunny end of the Hosta garden!


I've been slowly (and I do mean slowly) replacing shelf paper in the Kitchen cabinets and re-doing the studio (For the umpteenth time.) at least this time I didn't move any furniture!
I think I might get to sew this weekend.
It's cooler down there and the outside temp is to hit the low 90s(F)/32-34C.  Tomorrow is my town's Freedom Fest-which includes a HUGE fireworks display in the park near me.  It draws large crowds and chokes the streets around the park to the extent that a fire truck could not respond to a fire.  I've never been but maybe I'll walk down there tomorrow, probably not.  It also marks the beginning of legal personal fireworks which ends on the 4th of July.  The weekends are insane here.



 


8 comments:

  1. lovely hostas all around....i know how those blips go for sure...you have my sympathy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great Gail. Many thanks for the hosta pictures, I do love them. Love the quilting pattern of those large leaves - good to have your hand for scale. Stay cool in all that hot weather. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hostas are amazing! Your other lilies I l know as Day lilies. Hope the crowd goes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. goodluck I am sending support good vibes.......you will do this..........
    love the hait cut.........and OMG those Hosta leaves are massive.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have never grown Hostas but they look fab. Love your hair cut, it's a job I need to get done soon. Sorry about all the breakdowns to be fixed, I just had to replace my cordless vacuum, and it wasn't very old. Possibly could have got it fixed but end of financial year sales influenced me to buy a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know why this says anonymous, hope the reply says jude

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Hasta borders and lovely yard - I am envious. It is good the dogs could get outdoors, but not so good on your hasta beds.
    Oh the 4th of July. It is nearly here. July is a big holiday month for Utah as we celebrate pioneer day the 24th almost more than we do the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your hair! You will never go back! A friend once told me people with short hair wake up looking like a blue jay. Think about it.
    And hostas are a perfect plant - so much color to green, they do all the work for you.

    ReplyDelete