Pages

Friday, July 7, 2023

A bbq and a reset

So, Tuesday was the Independence Day (aka the 4th of July) I was ready to scream - or shoot someone (but no gun!)- because there had been serious fireworks for 10 days!  Almost every night the bombs bursting in air continued until 11:30pm!  I decided I'd had enough so instead of committing murder I went to Scott's for the 4th!  It was nearly without fireworks there, thank goodness.  We had a nice meal from the grill with one of Ryan's friends and his mother.  Scott needed propane for his grill so we went off to the hardware store where I spied this. . . 


On Sale, no less!  I've been looking at these for quite a while but I didn't want to spend the 500-700 dollars for one.  This went in the bed of the pickup/ute for the ride home.
Since Scott and Bri had to work, Ryan had Camp and Izzy had preschool I came back on the 5th, drove the truck into the back yard and put this together.  It was hot and the instructions were really bad but it's finished!
Then the next day I reset the patio.


Tightened all the  loose screws in the table, cleaned it well, added the umbrella and the two white chairs next to it.
I used to have 6 chairs to go around the table but all the bottoms have burst!


I also moved some things around and now it looks more inviting.
The weather has cooled off a bit so sitting outside is more enjoyable and I even took a short nap on the swing!  Summer at it's best.

Tomorrow is to be another cool day and I have weeding to do and maybe mowing.
And stitching, definitely stitching.





 

6 comments:

  1. I love it! It looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely little outdoor area. Comfy looking swing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice purchase Gail, all looking good, enjoy your summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick up Gail, your outdoor area looks great. We have lots of fireworks here around New Years Eve, they drive me nuts too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice purchase, Gail. Impressed that you assembled it yourself. I maybe would have struggled.
    Fireworks ought to be about over for you. We do them all month because July 24th is also a Utah holiday.

    ReplyDelete