Pages

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

What have I been up to?

Not much really.  

I fought Jet Lag for what seemed like forever-just when I thought it was gone I had a fun day out at Scott's in Columbia, Mo  and the next day I slept almost all day!  I have been sleeping a LOT! 

I have been dog sitting a LOT!  Two weeks after I got home Lola (Nashville Husky Shepard mix) came to stay while they were in Bali  (my family gets around.) Then Scott called and asked if I could watch Coco (the tiny but fierce terrier mix) and Mac (the miniature poodle who has ATTITUDE) for a week while they went to San Diego for beach and visits with Steven.  I said Yes.  So for one week I had FOUR dogs in the house and I literally got NOTHING done except dog stuff!  Mac and Coco went home and right before Lola was to go home there was a FLOOD at my daughters house (more in a minute) and they needed Zoe (the Golden Retriever)  to get away from the noise and upset.  So Zoe came and is still here!  They actually had scheduled a trip to Colorado and she was coming here then so her stay was extended.  On June 3 while Beth, Lucas and Kolby where in St Louis at a soccer tourney, Brayden woke up with two inches of water in the basement and on the first floor!.  Some fitting under the sink had come undone sometime and had been pouring water all over.  Lucas drove home and got the Recovery people in working at getting things dry then drove back.  They've had all kinds of related stuff going on-all the flooring on that level has to be replaced as well as all the kitchen cabinets.  A fellow soccer Dad is a contractor so repairs have begun.  I was over earlier today to feed the cats and water the plants and the lower cabinets were out and the hardwood floors in the kitchen are mostly ripped up.  Everything was a HUGE mess.  It's just as well that they are out of town as the house isn't habitable at the moment!  They will be home on the 20th and if everything goes well Zoe will get to go home too.  Quinn may go into shock at having the house (and me) to herself!

I've done some housework-okay a little.

I dug and transplanted some hostas out of here.  This was taken just after I got home they are much larger now!  Two plants were being chocked out, the two largest plants in the back are 5-6 feet across and have platter sized leaves!  Some of the others have dish sized leaves.


I'm not putting in a Vegetable garden this year.  Last year (and the one before that) were total duds and we have a lovely farmers market in Lee's Summit, I shall eat local!

I have worked a bit in the studio but have not stitched a thing.  It will take a few more hours to make it so I can sew. 

I went to the Orthopedic doctor today and no surgery in my immediate future.  First Physical therapy and mild anti-inflammatories, then a shot of cortisone.  There is good news in that there is nothing requiring surgery in my left knee, everything is as it should be regarding the joint. Guess I can think about Montana and Shipsewanna.


7 comments:

  1. Hay busy dog sitter. I am so happy to hear that you will not need surgery. Here's to getting that knee feeling better soon without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice catch up Gail - gosh, what a lot of dog activity! So sad about the flooding, must be awful. Would love to see a picture of your hostas, I love them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy dog sitting! Good to hear you don't have to have surgery, hope the knee gets better soon. Hosta plants look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news about the knee, you are a good mum to have that many dogs, shipshewana sounds like fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dogs really did keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm sounds like you will be going on retreat with Chris...... That will be wonderful......

    ReplyDelete