Pages

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Day 44 Geelong to Melbourne Airport.

I re-located today from Geelong to the Holiday Inn at the Airport.  Tomorrow I fly back to the States and check in time was early in the morning.  I stopped off at a Shopping Mall along the way but didn't buy much of anything-mostly killing time to check in the hotel.  Still got there before 2 pm check-in time but they let me check in early and book the airport shuttle for tomorrow (never had to do that before.)  Once I did that I cleaned out, filled the gas tank and returned my rental  (Why am I always in the wrong lane when I need to turn? Requiring a complicated circle around in order to make that turn!)  I was seriously relieved and thrilled by the fact that I no longer had to remember to drive on the left!  I walked back to the hotel-like half a block-and up in the room I once again packed.  For the last time in Australia.  Had dinner in the hotel dining room, decent food horrible service.  It will be an early night.

2 comments:

  1. What a journey you have had, and well done for doing it on your own, you are braver than I could be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be confusing finding your way and getting in the right lane at the airport.

    ReplyDelete