Pages

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Day 37 To Adelaide


I took this picture up at the dam on our night of nibbles and stars.  It speaks to me of the vastness that is Australia.  Mostly flat in Chooky's area of New South Wales there are many more trees than I expected.  In the States where it is this flat there are no trees unless someone planted them around their home (and watered them for years!)
I will always remember this view.

Bright and early this morning Chooky and I set off for Gulargambone where I would catch the bus to Dubbo.
Gulargambone has art work all over town, paintings of Galahs, cutouts, and barbed wire sculptures.  Then there's the water tower---


A Kingfisher diving for a fish.  All these water tower and silo paints are so beautiful.  Okay I didn't actually see any silos. . .except in pictures.  
As we waited for the bus we were talking about the mug bags I made.  I asked her again if she wanted the one I had in my suitcase.  It's all packed she said.  No problem, I know exactly where it is and I will never use it.  So, I laid my suitcase down on the grass, opened it up and got it out.  I didn't let her have the mug that was in it though!
A sad farewell when the bus arrived.
"See you on Zoom!"
A few tears on my part-when did I get so sentimental?  Seriously though, there are many people that I have met and enjoyed that I will never see in person again.  Chooky might be one of them.
The only interesting thing about the ride to Dubbo was the Kangaroos I saw, I think I might have fallen asleep at some point.  It seemed like the end of that part of the trip came pretty quickly.
Di, Lovely lady from Scrub Stitching, picked me up to deliver me to the airport.  First, we had a lovely cup of coffee together.  Hugs at a distance were exchanged as her daughter, Miranda, another lovely Scrub Stitching lady, had tested positive for THE VIRUS that morning.  I remain healthy and no chances were taken!

The next lap of the trip had several unusual things.  First, I checked both my bags and they didn't charge me for the second one.  Then the plane arrived and it was a Quantas propeller plane!  I can't remember the last time I was on one of those!  When we arrived in Sydney, it was necessary to pick up my bags and WALK outside with it to the JetBlue terminal in the rain.  Fortunately, it wasn't pouring and I got out my coat which is water resistant so I didn't get wet.  At the JetBlue terminal, I could neither check in nor check my luggage.  For that matter I couldn't find anything but a vending machine with chips and a coke for lunch.  I couldn't find a seat either there were many people in the same situation as me and very few seats.  So I found a spot and sat on the floor until I could check in.  Unfortunately, I still couldn't check my luggage -they did let me sit on a bench behind the desk though.  I finally got on the plane, not a propellor, and few for the last time today.  Got into Adelaide about 10pm, ordered an Uber and checked into the hotel.  I crashed almost the moment I got into the room!

 

3 comments:

  1. It was sad to bid you farewell also........ We may never meet again but I was so excited that we did get to me....... And yes see you on zoom........ Lovely of Di to pick you up and drop you to the airport......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woe sounds like you have had some stressful times! Lucky there was a helpful man at the Apple store. Was sad to say goodbye too, maybe we will meet again another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a big day. Sad to say farewell to Chooy, but as you said, you'll see her in zoom and I'm sure you will communicate in other ways too.

    ReplyDelete