Pages

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Day 32 I give up

Saturday, the last full day of Scrub Stitching.  It's passing SO quickly!  I worked on sewing my points together.  It was going well until I noticed that I had sewn on the wrong side of the white fabric!  Oh no, what to do?  Can't leave it or it will always annoy me, can't begin again as there are no foundation papers left--finally, I decided to un-sew the white and appliqué the colored section on a new piece.  Fortunately, I did have another piece and that worked well.  I managed a few more pieces before I just gave in and gave UP!  I'll finish it when I get home.

  This is about 1/3 of the circle complete.  There was a little un-sewing on these to get points to line up but I am happy with it so far.  Since I didn't want to work on it any longer, I got out my hexies and made flowers.  I should have brought something less intricate--lesson learned.

Chris (Canada) left around noon as her husband was judging milk cows in Sydney!
She wants me to meet her in Shipshewana,  in November.  Will need to see what is to be done to the knees and when.

  Chris wasn't the only one to leave us.  A few more tested positive for THE VIRUS and either went home, or somewhere they could isolate until they were no longer positive.  I sat next to Janice (ground zero) one entire day and I am still fine.  This is my second very close contact of this trip and there were most likely many I didn't know about what with all the boats, planes and trains I've been on!

I still wandered about chatting and looking at what people were making.  So many talented women in this group!


3 comments:

  1. What you did accomplish looks great. Lucky you to still no catch it. I brought it home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good you didn't catch the virus! Those points look amazing, it was challenging wasn't it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do hope you get to the retreat with Chris...... That would be fun.... And yes take an easier project with less connection required.......
    And it's weird of who does and doesn't get the bug.......

    ReplyDelete