Pages

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Day 31 More points, a party, and COVID joins more than one of us


I don't know if I finally got the hang of foundation paper piecing or if the fact that this set had 4 fabrics instead of 6 just made it easier but I finished all of this set before we were kicked out at 4pm so the organizing team could set up for the party.  Each point has one of each set.  Tomorrow, I hope to sew them together.
We had our evening nibbles outside and I was interviewed for the local newspaper, as was Sylvia and some of the other girls.  Having International girls in the area was newsworthy, I guess!  
Then we got dressed for dinner in our interpretation of "What Australia Means to Me."  I was already in Australia when Chooky announced the theme so I was limited in what I could do.  I put on my thinking cap and came up with this:

I bought the Tee Shirt in Sydney and a black marker that isn't supposed to wash out somewhere along the line.  From the beginning of the trip I had kept a list of things I had seen and one of things that are different in Australia  than at home.  I took those lists and randomized them (My mathematician son constantly reminds me that there is no true random but I did my best!) Then wrote them on the shirt--It truly has been THE TRIP OF A LIFEFIME!  My execution wasn't great but everyone seemed to enjoy it.
Sylvia won the most creative costume!  High tea on her head! Among other things!

After dinner we had the "Make it, Fake it or Bake it" exchange.  I received this lovely covered hanger and sachet from Janice!


I'll have to decide what article of clothing deserves to be hung on this!
Jo received my contribution of a mug bag with my signature tumblers and a Bluebird mug (The Eastern Bluebird is the Missouri State bird.)!  Which she loved!

What a great night!








 

4 comments:

  1. Those hangers are wonderful especially for sweaters. Jo mailed me some last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The T shirt idea was a great one and I do love a nice covered hanger. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tee shirt was perfect, it said it all. Why not hang that on Janice's hanger?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea doing your T shirt, the hanger is wonderful

    ReplyDelete