Pages

Friday, May 12, 2023

Day 33--Stitching for the last few hours--can we fit everything into the car?

 Sunday had come with more and more girls leaving-some just to begin the journey home, some because they tested positive!  I am still healthy!

After breakfast the few of us left sat down to sew.  Even Chooky sat at her machine!  She hardly stitched the entire time she was so busy taking care of everyone and everything that I threatened to tie her to her chair!  I was glad to see her stitch!  I worked on hexies when I wasn't chatting with the ones left--I'll be honest, I didn't get much done.

After lunch, we began packing up to go back to Brogala.  Remember me wondering if we could get everything back in the car? Well, we didn't.  Chooky took a load to her parents house in Baradine then came back to work a miracle on getting the rest, along with three passengers, into one load.  I'm not sure how she did it.  Sylvia and I were squished into the back seat but we managed somehow.  We stopped off at the Park office to see their exhibits--I found a patch!  Finding goodies to take home has been difficult and patches for the quilt especially so. Unfortunately, my bag was buried somewhere in the car with no hope of retrieving it until we unloaded the car!  Borrowing a bit from Chooky saved the day!

Once back at Brogala unpacking began and I did laundry--cause one more day and I was naked!  Chooky had these really cool sweater hangers for the clothes line, I wish I could find some like that.  We went out to bring in clothes after dark, the three of us girls and Oh my God!  The stars were amazing!  Chooky wanted to take us out to the dam but Sylvia was having no part of it!  I haven't seen a sky like that for a very long time.

Check out Chooky's blog for many photos of Scrub Stitching!  chookyblue.blogspot.com

I just want to say again how kind and generous everyone was!  I received so many lovely gifts from the other stitchers that along with the things I've bought I will have to buy another suitcase!  That will make three.

Everyone has been asking me where I'm going for the last week and I decided today that I would go to Adelaide, do Kangaroo Island, and drive back to Melbourne along the coast.  I still have not gotten my feet wet!


3 comments:

  1. Haha - I can imagine you and Sylvia with bags and boxes squeezed in around you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a photo of you and Sylvia squished in the back?? There certainly was a lot of stuff to get back to Chookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky I took a load to mums....... We fitted the rest in just ..... And I did think you were going to tie me to the machine at one point..... Lol. My stars are amazing I must agree ..... Sylvia was so funny when she was having no part of going to the dam........

    ReplyDelete