Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Day 14--Newcastle, a suitcase story


I actually left home 4 days before I fly over the Pacific.  I had been packing for three days trying to fit everything into one not gigantic suitcase.  In the end right before I left the house I added my carry on size suitcase to be packed at the hotel.
I had a very early flight out the next morning  and the airport is at least an hour drive one-way from Greenwood so I was staying at the Airport Hilton.  Beth let me out and the suitcases decided to go rogue on me and kept falling over!  What a mess! Anyway, somewhere in that mess one of the pull out handles on the largest suitcase bent and became unusable.  I struggled with it through all the flights (6), the hotels(7), the trains(2) but in the end I needed to replace it or lose my mind!  Since Lea and I were unable to continue our bonding over fabric my second day in Newcastle I googled the closest Mall, grabbed an Uber and when shopping!
The above suitcase was purchased and the other discarded!
It's a bit bigger than the fist but everything works. 
There's another story about this suitcase coming up!


 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you finally got a better suitcase...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a misbehaving suitcase just has to go!!

    ReplyDelete