Pages

Sunday, March 5, 2023

Decisions, decisions, decisions. . . .

 That's what February was made of.

When taking a long trip to another country-even one you have always wanted to visit-means endless decisions.  With no real framework to work with.  I have maps, 3 of them, but I can't always find places I need on them even when I google them first!  Anyway, I have the first leg of the trip planned after that it gets more like a general idea until I'm actually there.

For those of you that are interested here's the bare bones:  I leave this coming Friday for an airport hotel as I have a VERY early flight on Saturday to San Diego, California and a 3 day visit with my oldest Son, bonus daughter 1 and granddaughter!  I leave San Diego on Tuesday and fly to LAX to catch the flight to Melbourne!  After 2 days to attempt some sleep and deal with the jet lag thing I'm off to Tasmania for 4 days/3 nights.  You should all pray for me and anyone who happens to be driving then as I will drive for the first time on the left!  I will be careful but after 55 years of driving on the right it will quite interesting.

After Tasmania I'm headed up the coast to Cairns, skipping over Sydney.  Anyone who knows lovely things to see, yummy food to eat and nice(reasonable) places to sleep let me know!  Then on April 7, I fly from Cairns to Sydney for 2 days.  I really want to go to the ballet at the Opera house!  Then it's off to Baradine (or Chooky's house) for Scrub Stitching!

The last part of the trip is very unclear at the moment except that I need to end up in Melbourne for 2or 3 days before I leave for the States on April 28!  Again, anyone with things to see, yummy food and nice places to stay let me know.

I still have a few things to do:  arrange for international telephone, cut my project for Scrub Stitching, and do my taxes.  Clean house, laundry etc.  I should be busy right up until I leave the house on Friday!

Only 5 more get ups and I'm on my way!


11 comments:

  1. Wow! You are certainly covering some miles. Melbourne to Tasmania (all of it's terrific) then Cairns to Sydney then to Baradine where Chooky Blue will roll out the red carpet for sure. Ballet at the Opera House as well. What a fantastic trip you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking to myself yesterday that we must be getting close to your departure time. Oh my goodness, EXCITING!! Safe travels, and I'll see you in person in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that time has come down quickly. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow sure came up fast....have a wonderful trip!....cityquilter grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be an amazing trip. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so exciting! Wish I was a mouse in your pocket. And I look forward to hearing about your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry a tad behind in reading your blog, good itinerary so far. Pity you are not heading to South Australia, but will see you in Barradine I hope. I am on the border of South Aust and Victoria, about 6 hours from Melbourne in Bordertown. But that's not a 'must see' tourist area, just a country town in farming districts. But do have spare beds!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not long to go before you are off on your travels. We are in Tasmania at present, if you get to Bicheno on the east coats the sea food is amazing. We got great food at the Lobster Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Gail. I can’t believe it’s here already. Travel safe and see you at Baradine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodluck driving in Tassie..... So excited

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh and you definitely need to come visit here.........

    ReplyDelete