Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Day 9--24 March 2023 A Very Long Train Ride

There are not photos for this day! Checked out of the hotel quite early and toted my luggage up the one block to the train station.  Found coffee (after days and days of trying different coffee's I discovered that ordering a flat white and then adding sugar got me almost the same as I have at home)  and a blueberry muffin for breakfast.  I had to find where to show my ticket.  The website site said to print it out but I didn't have any way to do so.  It turned out okay as they barely glanced at my phone.  I had an assigned seat in the last coach and no neighbor for most of the way.  

While I did look out the window quite a lot--I also read some, and napped some.

11 and a half hours after our 8:30am departure we arrived in Sydney Central where I found a taxi to take me to the Merriott.

Tired, and out of short sleeved clothes.  Seriously, I took the wrong clothes! It's still summer and humid!

  

4 comments:

  1. That is a long train ride. I'm sure the hotel will do laundry for you, they may even have a guest laundry. LOL Yes, Australia is pretty warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, clothes are tricky aren't they? I am trying to work out whether it will be summer, autumn or winter in Barradine?? Much further north than where I live?? Not long now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a long day!
    Maybe you need some shopping time for weather appropriate clothing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a long train trip, I did it overnight and it felt like the train would never arrive!! Great views though.

    ReplyDelete