Pages

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Day 4 Tasmania-Swansea to Hobart


I was in no particular hurry to leave Swansea as it was lovely! So, I went for a walk on the beach, tried out the water temperature-I expected it to be as cold as it is in San Diego but it was MUCH warmer!  There was one brave paddle boarder out on the bay but besides that nothing else moving except people, dogs, and birds--not many of those except the gulls, of course!


Spied this very nice rock "sculpture" just beyond the High tide mark.  I wonder how long it took to get all those rocks to balance?

After a trip to the IGA market I began the drive to Hobart.  The roads were better for the most part and it was easier driving.  Somewhere along the way I stopped and took some photos.


I don't think I'll ever tire of seeing the water!


Lots of these little flowers-fading in the fall weather.


Some of the Orange lichen found on the rocks here.

Got back on the road, stopped for gas (petrol) and had to have help getting the gas cap off!  Turns out you have to push it in pretty hard while you turn it.  Sort of like a child proof medicine bottle!  Continuing on toward Hobart I stopped at Seven Mile beach.


Low tide so the wave ripples were fun.
I didn't stay long as I was close to Hobart and the traffic was getting fairly heavy.  I did not have GPS as I had no Wi-Fi connection and that meant I wandered about looking for my hotel!  I did at last stumble upon it but I wasn't willing to go out for dinner so I ate the Ramen Noodles I had bought for and emergency!  Also, Tim-Tams but they don't count, do they?  Must take some of those home!

Chatted at bit on Zoom with Chooky and some of the others.  Scrub Stitching is getting closer and closer!  I am really looking forward to it!







 

7 comments:

  1. Good to see you join in on zoom, enjoy touring Tassie! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome travelogue gail...such a wonderful adventure....more ocean photos always welcome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving being on this journey with you! It's fun hearing your reactions to the differences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just did a quick catch up read. Your adventure is well under way. Now I know what I missed on zoom. See you in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos Gail. Shame we couldn't see you in Swansea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that last beach shot had me drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catching up on your posts...........looks nice down there......must get to tassie one day.........

    ReplyDelete