Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

What do you do. . .

when you've run out of words?


I was doing pretty well with the every day posting until Christmas day!  Now I have to do a little catch up.

On Christmas morning about 8AM I suddenly remembered that I was supposed to have made Cheesy Potatoes for dinner at Beth's that night!  Sheer panic and terror for about 5 minutes, then I set about seeing if I had all the ingredients.  Luckily, the pantry held 3 very large baking potatoes, and the frig had heavy whipping cream and plenty of cheese!  The seasoning are always in the cabinet so I was good to go!  Whew, dodged a bullet there as all the grocery stores were closed.  Potatoes were thrown into the oven and baked, then when done and cooled I realized that the dish I normally used was still in Columbia (a-hum Scott!) so I went looking for something else, settled for my little dutch oven which turned out to be perfect!  I gathered all the stuff and the dog and headed over about 1:30pm.  Helped Beth with her current jigsaw puzzle before dinner, then ate steak!  Beth's bunch ate Snow crab legs.  Good food all around!

On the 26th, Quinn had a vet appointment for shots etc.  She was, as always, very good.  We got about half-way home when the vet's office called to say they had forgotten a shot!  So back we went.  The vet just gave her the shot in the waiting room, cause she was so good!  Then I took her home and went to the grocery store as the last of the milk had gone into my coffee that morning!  Why is it that when you go to the store for bread and milk you end up with quite a few other items?  Also, it was laundry day so, ugh.

For the rest of the time, I did a little housework and made chili.  I brought up the cross-stitch, table and all.  Today I am working at getting Trail Mix sandwiched--for the second time!  I put it away to finish Paper Dolls and Tumbler Confetti and it had gotten all messy, plus the back had wrinkles.  So tonight and tomorrow I will pin it and begin tying it.  While the Baptist fans looked really nice, I need this one finished! It would have been really nice to have on the bed on those really cold days.

---------------------------------------------------

Today's weather in Greenwood, Missouri, USA  

The cold has departed!  Temperature: High 58F/14C  Low 50F/10C a little windy.  The day started out with a really amazing sunrise--gorgeous dark pink reflected on the snow--followed by brilliant blue and now clouds.  The snow is all but gone, I'm sure I am now living in mudville.

------------------------------------

77 more days!


4 comments:

  1. Show pictures of course! It will be nice to see your trail mix finished, such a great design. You have been busy. The vets on the 26th? It's a public holiday here, Boxing Day. If the weather is good it's a great day to get out for a walk. We didnt go far afield though as rain was forecast so just down to our local nature reserve - very muddy though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good Christmas. What will you cross stitch? Happy New year all the best wishes for 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks amazing. Sounds like you have had a busy time.

    ReplyDelete